Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-07-2023, 09:55 PM
Aviak

let's check alla!

love this lil gem
7 November 2000:
Quote:
Me is a 16 barsher from da ogres... Me was huntin da swimming lizzies when suddenly SQUISH! I go splat in 2 seconds... He likes da water, and won't run from da docks like the udder big scaries.

He gonna taste my axe when i gets big and strong!

Stinkyfeet
ogre barsher of 16 battles, Da Rathe
7 November 2000:
Quote:
Oh look- cazel. He is going to squash me for the 5th time. How nice. I'll lose a lvl and go back to 13. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
12th December 2000:
Quote:
Was medding on the docks and Cazel came up on my blind side and double-attacked for 220 hit points a piece, needless to say my poor 16th druid was annihilated in an instant. Never have seen this fella attacked on Morell-Thule, and I have been hanging around the zone for a while now. His spawn seems to be pretty rapid on Morell-Thule, I will see him3 out of 5 times in the zone, everyone filling the text screen with his LOC.
3 March 2001:
Quote:
Here's my experience with this brute. I am a 46 wizzie now. I am passing through Oasis looking for a SG to mug when I see this guy stomping on newbies by the dozen(exageration but sounds good) down close to the dock. Being the nice guy that I am, I tried to snare him to give them a better chance to get away. RESISTED!!!...well now it's Jbooties don't fail me now as he comes after me and i run like the girlie man I am for the zone. I took a lot of falling damage, but was otherwise unhurt. I am feeling good about myself then some lil 'troll' (don't mean to offend those of the trill race) starts sending me tels cussing me for training him on them at the docks. I think to myself "Sheesh you just can't do anything right in this game." I basically tried to explain what happened and if he had a problem with it to go bug a GM and leave me alone.
27 December 2001:
Quote:
this guy spawned on me and another guy when we were kiling specs for fun hes a 60 shammy w/ epic and i was a 56 mage and we were able to kill him one we got a druid to snare him so hes not to bad but he does have some mad regen
19 July 2002:
Quote:
Dont know where this site got its info from on Cazel, but i've camped Cazel for 3 days straight, only logged for when the server came down. It would seem that his spawn is a random timer of more than 24 hours. Whatever the case, I found the placeholders for the sand giants in Oasis. These ph's are: an asp, a madman, and a young ronin. I immagine that there are some other ph's that havent been found yet, but for the most part, these ph's spawn between 2 minutes and one hour. I figured that Cazel's spawn might be mized up in the timing of these spawns. Ive seen Cazel 3 times and they have all been during the day. Dont know if thats coinsidence or not. I'll leave that for u to figure out. Have fun =)
8 January 2003:
Quote:
I bumped into him the other day on route to TD with my 45 BL, saw him near the docks which is where i see most of the SG's as well.
the current behavior of sharing spawns with SGs seems correct
Last edited by arc; 03-07-2023 at 09:57 PM.. Reason: added dates
Old 03-08-2023, 02:30 AM
Planar Protector

Magelo has no pathing map for Cazel so they probably put him on the sand giant pathing grid.

This would benefit from some pathing research on Live. Although they redid those zones didn't they... so they won't be an exact match. Hmm.
Old 03-08-2023, 01:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the current behavior of sharing spawns with SGs seems correct
Hmm, it does, although the last few of those quotes are from luclin era (Dec 2001) or later.

It may be the case the cazel should occasionally wander by the docks, but I do still think it happens too often here. When he's up, he's at the docks every few minutes. Maybe just some more\randomized pathing locations would make it more classic?
Old 03-08-2023, 03:05 PM
Kobold

I never saw Cazel by the docks on live. He was always wandering the desert out by the ruins toward the middle of the map. Sand Giant would be a rare occurrence at the docks, but it'd definitely happen. Like once or twice an hour and people would freak out.
Old 03-23-2023, 09:58 AM
Orc

From what i remember cazel and sg most of the reason people sit up on the pillars.

I had a 60 troll back in 1999-2001 ish

Just adding my 2 cents in that he for sure would hit the docks occasionally at least
Old 03-23-2023, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

[Fri Dec 14 00:43:05 2001] Ryne says out of character, 'cazel near docks '

Missed era by a few days but /shrug.

-Mcoy
Old 03-25-2023, 05:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meanwhile, I remember Lockjaw being an absolute menace back in the day, and I've almost never seen him here.
he was up all the time during green launch. You need people regularly clearing the crocs for him to spawn, so it's probably less likely now that that the crocs aren't farmed as heavily
Old 03-25-2023, 06:59 PM
Banned

People still farm the crocs pretty heavily, and I haven't seen lockjaw while passing through oasis in probably a year. Meanwhile, I see cazel probably 70% of the time I'm in oasis running to the docks to get on the raft to TD.
Old 03-25-2023, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People still farm the crocs pretty heavily, and I haven't seen lockjaw while passing through oasis in probably a year. Meanwhile, I see cazel probably 70% of the time I'm in oasis running to the docks to get on the raft to TD.
Cazel rarely dies - LJ is dead as soon as someone high enough spots it.

-Mcoy
Old 03-25-2023, 08:53 PM
Banned

True cazel is much harder to kill. In which case, maybe he should be rarer because sand giants are extremely easy to kill compared to him, so he is up very frequently. If somebody needs to kill cazel they should have to clear a lot of sgs first and presumably have some buddies to help kill him if he spawns.

As it is, people just casually killing sg's when they're around seem to be very likely to spawn cazel by accident, who then terrorizes the zone for hours if not days, which doesn't seem classic to my memory.