Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-19-2023, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

An interesting idea would be a human monk self found soloing in Kunark only. Can't go to the Iksar city by default, and most decent items for mid level are in tough dungeons like Dalnir. If you faction up you could do the Shackle quest too, Humans can wear it.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-19-2023 at 06:12 PM..
Old 02-19-2023, 07:03 PM
Aviak

At least level to 8 and preferably 17 before the kunark exile, can at least sneak/flop to train skills rinmark then. Iksars can train with zephyl&qwinn on antonica so that should be somewhat fair )
Old 02-19-2023, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaqua [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At least level to 8 and preferably 17 before the kunark exile, can at least sneak/flop to train skills rinmark then. Iksars can train with zephyl&qwinn on antonica so that should be somewhat fair )
Yeah it depends on how challenging you want it lol.

Hardcore mode would be to stay in Kunark and only train when you earn the right via factioning.

But I agree, it would make the run a bit more tolerable if you trained sneak first. You could also level to 8 in Kunark and teleport back just for training purposes.
Old 02-19-2023, 07:56 PM
Kobold

Ok, since we're throwing all kinds of qualifying parameters at this, then the most challenging is going to be any int caster, and the self-FOUND is the key. Spells added to the spellbook must be added only when found or quested, NOT purchased from vendors. Therefore, the majority of said caster's spellbook will be empty and the challenge will be in making the quested, dropped, and researched spells do the work of getting the toon leveled up. Might even have to say research is a no-go, because I don't believe there is even a quest to obtain the necessary research container.

And on a side note, I'm not even going to start in on greatdane's assertion that he knows what makes Everquest enjoyable for everyone, or who gets to decide if a character is "total trash" to its player.
Old 02-19-2023, 08:45 PM
Kobold

In a rush and I'm not seeing an edit button atm, so replace "greatdane's assertion" with "greatdane's implication"

Sure! NOW there's an edit button.
Old 02-19-2023, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

A ranger might be an interesting one. Reliance on shitty weapons, poor bows and sub-standard damage mitigation.

Twinked they're great fun. Walking around with a rusty weapon at level 12? Hmm.
Old 02-20-2023, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A ranger might be an interesting one. Reliance on shitty weapons, poor bows and sub-standard damage mitigation.

Twinked they're great fun. Walking around with a rusty weapon at level 12? Hmm.
I quested one of these around level 8 or something. Weapons were total ass until level 20 though when I bow kited Karg Icebear for a Gigantic Zweihander. Took like 25 minutes and 2 bags of arrows lol.
Old 02-20-2023, 12:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I quested one of these around level 8 or something. Weapons were total ass until level 20 though when I bow kited Karg Icebear for a Gigantic Zweihander. Took like 25 minutes and 2 bags of arrows lol.
5/31 oh baby!

That's the classic experience people either love or hate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-20-2023, 09:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquestalot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And on a side note, I'm not even going to start in on greatdane's assertion that he knows what makes Everquest enjoyable for everyone, or who gets to decide if a character is "total trash" to its player.
I see that you're one of those people who think that literally all posts must include the phrase "this is just my opinion and not an attempt to speak for all human beings," or else it should be interpreted, called out and criticized as a formal attempt to forcibly impose a view upon all people.

Fuck off with that irrational nonsense. If you're too intellectually stunted to grasp the concept of an opinion, don't post on an internet forum. The burden is not on me to preface every single thing I say with "this is just my opinion, guys. Don't worry, I'm not speaking for everyone!"

You're supposed to have developed the psychological maturity to understand that this is the case unless otherwise stated, not lash out in juvenile hysterics because you interpret any opinion that differs from yours as some kind of attack against you. Fucking weirdo.
Last edited by greatdane; 02-20-2023 at 09:24 PM..
Old 02-20-2023, 09:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5/31 oh baby!

That's the classic experience people either love or hate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't a Cracked Staff better than that too? Could have skipped the quest.

A ranger bow kite only build would be cool