Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by williestargell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
70%+ of the server population has agreed to Rogeans (GM proposal) - why is this not over?
They don't want to make a rash decision.

besides a few days wait will be good for people. Honestly if an agreement was 100% agreed on today I would still like to see raid suspension for at least a week just to let things settle

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 01-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys, Vanilla Gods and Kunark launch content are top tier, makes sense. Nevermind that they have epics (which is mostly resolved with planar revamps in Velious).

Seriously though - VP is top tier from a content perspective. That's it. After that it's about having a raid scene that lets both styles do their thing.

Tier 1 - VP and hardcore tracking/alting/socking/whatever, go nuts
Tier 2 - Probably a rotation (or close to it) with a time limit on engaging

Not to mention - everyone but FE is behind Rogean's plan. TMO was some smaller changes made, and that's it. This is really just a circle jerk of FE and Sirken and Deru.
Top tier is where you find the most competitive raid guilds. I.E. PD, Trak, VS, CT.

You won't find too much competition for Nexona you are more than welcome to move Nex to a tier 2 target. Also Silverwing, maybe Xygoz, and Druushk.

-Your not to mention is out dated.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
In case everyone forgot, the casual guilds REFUSED to pull every dirty trick in the book to get those targets. We refused to DA stall tank, "accidentally" train, leapfrog, FTE snipe, rules lawyer, manipulate logs, ninja loot, buy up hundreds of accounts, etc etc

So PLEASE explain to me again how you'd like to punish casual guilds for adhering to the rules, being good citizens, and saying we refused to "compete." It's an asinine argument. We refused to stoop as low as TMO and FE therefore we (the casuals) just don't care enough. That's bullshit, and every single person on this server knows it's bullshit.
This.
(Although I'd call it a circular argument.)
Test Server : Tanulie
Old 01-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Top tier is where you find the most competitive raid guilds. I.E. PD, Trak, VS, CT.

You won't find too much competition for Nexona you are more than welcome to move Nex to a tier 2 target. Also Silverwing, maybe Xygoz, and Druushk.

-Your not to mention is out dated.
SW is mine, Been waiting on bard lute for months.
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys, Vanilla Gods and Kunark launch content are top tier, makes sense. Nevermind that they have epics (which is mostly resolved with planar revamps in Velious).

Seriously though - VP is top tier from a content perspective. That's it. After that it's about having a raid scene that lets both styles do their thing.

Not to mention - everyone but FE is behind Rogean's plan. TMO was some smaller changes made, and that's it. This is really just a circle jerk of FE and Sirken and Deru.
Please note that Flippie and I are both members of TMO, not FE.
Sarnak

Quote:

Rogean's plan is literally the worst proposal for us. I've talked to IB and they want another. I find it very hard to believe anyone in TMO would accept this without major changes. And the plan is completely and totally unacceptable to FE. Our leader has posted such. I don't even know why anyone is still posting in the thread. It should go the way of all the other proposals in the past few days, which are not even relevant anymore. As far as I can tell the only reason people are even still discussing it is that Rogean posted it in the raid chat section, and nobody else can voice how completely terrible it is except the officers who are trying to maintain composure.

It's never going to happen. You are fooling yourself if you think otherwise. Next proposal please.
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezzmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SW is mine, Been waiting on bard lute for months.
22-23 days !
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
Raid Scene
It continues to be an aggravating realization among CSR staff that 10% of the server population causes 90% of the problems. We are all for competition, but it needs to be fair competition. We are also all here for the same thing, to experience classic Everquest. The same guild monopolizing raid content for 2 years that they might not even need anymore is ridiculous, just to block other guilds from the chance of gearing up to take on the same end game content.

I was thinking to myself the other day and I came to ask myself.. Are we providing this server to give people the arena to compete to such bitter extremes that it has resorted to taking every absolute measure to be victorious, or are we here to provide a classic Everquest experience for everyone to enjoy?
Has Rogean secretly retracted this? It really does not seem that Sirken and Derubael are on board with this sentiment... I don't mean to pit staff against staff, but please let me know if I've misinterpreted this somehow.

Shit's gotten REAL topheavy - it's pretty tough for us casual scum to get any fulfillment from the game. If you guys don't want a bunch of legislation, back the fuck down and let some mobs live... I dunno... a few hours? You know, like it was on classic. It's not impossible to help EMULATE the classic experience with a dash of your own restraint.

But it seems we're well past that... the 90% gonna use the tools they were given. Get ready for a long winter (and I don't mean Velious).
Old 01-03-2014, 04:29 PM
Fire Giant

"there are tons of MMOs with instanced raids and triggered bosses, EQ is not one of those games. not having instances or triggered bosses was one of the things that set Classic EQ apart from all the crap games that exist today. i know that the staff doesn't want a rotation, and would prefer to see racing/competing for the targets."

Sirken the Great
Old 01-03-2014, 04:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElanoraBryght [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.
(Although I'd call it a circular argument.)
Not helpful. Focus on future, not past, we've already discussed this and it's about moving forward not QQing about what has happen.

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezzmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For those late to the party.

Take TMO/FE Proposal that was originally posted with 7 day hands off, move that to 10, move Sirken's Mob list instead of TMO/FE's, ADD Sirken's PNP, Take TMO/FE No In-game Poopsock Rules. Tier 2 can have a rotation if they want, up to them. Tier 1 attacks Tier 2 on First 10 Days, Second 20 days Tier 1 on Tier 1....... YOU GET THIS:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

100% Fair to All, Tier 2 gets MORE mobs than Tier 1, and Tier 2 can attack Tier 1 mobs on the second 20 days. Someone decide rules on how you shift tier 1 and 2. If you don't like this idea you're donkers!