Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Kobold

a GM can't force you to group with players you don't want to group with.

that said, if im at a camp and someone i dont know shows up, i simply explain to them that i am indeed camping the spot and to return later, or i can send them a tell when i leave. now if before i leave a buddy shows up i can choose to invite that buddy to dou the camp with me. if i should have to leave my buddy, then he will always have the choice of soloing the camp or inviting the next person waiting in line, but he doesn't have to leave just because i'm leaving, thats retarded.

i love you GMs but please do not reward the WoW kids that demand they get everything they want exactly when they want it.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

This new rule, if it is indeed a new rule, is extremely silly as has been pointed out in the recent 20 page thread concerning this (I'm not going to copy+paste all of my arguments against it, but I mention a few of them below). I also think this new rule would just cause more work for the GM's, since now they have to verify the order in which people arrived at the camp. After all, disputes over the HS key camps have occurred over even smaller issues.

Amelinda, I respect you and all, but if someone is waiting a long time at the camp while another guild has it, then that's their own fault. All they have to do is just ask the guild in question when (approximately) they're going to let go of the camp, so they don't have to waste so much time. If someone is waiting around while another guild holds it, then it's actually that person who's being a jerk, since the only reason they could be waiting is so that they can pounce on the camp if the people camping it go linkdead or afk or something. There's really no other rational reason they would just stay at the camp forever while someone else is claiming it.

Like I've said before, one big part of eq is forming relationships of trust with lots of people, so obviously being in an association like a guild is going to benefit you, while people like Chtulu (nothing against you, just the best example I could come up with) who get kicked out of every guild they're in won't have the benefit of relatively easy access to these camps (and when I say relatively easy, I really do mean RELATIVELY - I still waited 12 hours for my prod when my guild was holding the camp). I don't like how Amelinda's suggestion trivializes this aspect of the game.

I hope this came across as constructive. I'll respect whatever rules the GM's come up with, I just think this suggestion is a bad one.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 04-27-2011, 12:57 PM
VIP / Contributor

Don't nitpick it or attempt to paint the decision with broad strokes and apply it to other camps. Since we have been forced to spend 6 hours in the past 2 days dealing with the infantile drama at that camp, it's simplified so people can't try to weasel gray areas and expect us to come sort it out for them.

It's not a raid target. It's not a group encounter. It's a single mob that can be soloed by anyone wanting it. If you want it, get in line yourself and wait, or buy it from someone else. But you won't be holding it for anyone or 'passing it off' to people anymore.

And this is the last time any staff member is spending on this camp today. You will not monopolize our time with this childish crap.

If you want to discuss faults and point fingers, point them in a mirror for constantly dragging us into things you can't resolve yourselves. There are an immense amount of more important issues needing handled, that will not be delayed with these selfish antics any longer.
Last edited by Uthgaard; 04-27-2011 at 12:59 PM..
Closed Thread