Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2020, 10:25 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've just seen people take liberties with the 'reasonable' amount of time stuff - and when they get complacent from locking things down for awhile that amount of time seems to stretch out when they miss a PH by a couple mins.
what I have in mind is someone clears camp A, now it's on respawn for 28 minutes. They clear camp B. Camp A in 16 minutes, camp B in 28 minutes. They clear camp C. Camp A in 6 minutes, camp B in 18 minutes, camp C in 28 minutes. Now back to A. then someone shows up and says "hey i want a camp" and they say "well i really want A, how about b or c". that feels like a reasonable resolution to me. But I agree with you that someone who isn't keeping the camps clear and is making claims to them anyway, and is further harassing people who are trying to lay legitimate claim to a camp, is behaving badly.
Last edited by Vdaria; 09-12-2020 at 10:30 AM..
Old 09-12-2020, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly and I'm not being facetious - why is this the rule of thumb ?

With how busy green has been since I started, this seems backwards to me..
Quote:
I feel like your last paragraph exemplifies that 'screw everyone but me' attitude that causes more lawyer questing than anything else
For example you're camping Frenzy and Sentinel. You're there all day bouncing between the two. Then the zone fills up and someone comes to your area. You are currently clearing the Sentinel. Frenzy pops. You run over to Frenzy and your new guy is getting ready to clear it. You explain to him that Frenzy and Sentinel are both yours and that you're willing to give him Sentinel. He says you weren't there at the moment Frenzy popped and he was. You tell him you have some time to engage before the camp is FTE and he says well you have to be in LOS of the camp and he didn't see you. So who is right?

The rule of thumb is if you get to a camp and it's fully popped and someone gets there like 10 seconds later and says it's their camp, then it's their camp, even if they weren't in sight. This is to prevent lawyer-questing and measuring pixels and wasting lots of time. Adhere to general principles rather than specific points of law and in enough time the reason will be clear.

It's always a good idea to announce a claim over /ooc and wait for replies.
Old 09-12-2020, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Umm this manifesto has lots of wrong info rofl
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-12-2020, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Umm this manifesto has lots of wrong info rofl
and it's all listed right after this dumb ass comment.
Old 09-12-2020, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't worry about the exact rules, just keep doing what you're doing when you sense someone is trying to screw you. Your instincts in both examples were good, keep rolling.
sounds good I was thinking I did something wrong but looks like some people don't know camp rules
Old 09-12-2020, 07:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another possibility is that even though Mike would prefer camp A, he is Ok with taking camp B instead, and if Bob has made it clear he is establishing his camp at camp A, Mike is in his rights to grab camp B. However, mike no longer has any claim whatsoever to camp A. Camp A = bob, Camp b =mike. With neither camp being contested, neither of them are forced to remain at their respective camps.

And while now camp C is technically not being held as a camp by anyone and by rules is a FTE... most people will allow the previous person who was clearing the camp to continue to do so and i'd urge the reader to do so as well.
I'm sitting here trying to think what zone these scenarios apply to for farmers and all I can come up with is SolA, Permafrost, and Lower Guk.

Easy solution, answer CCs with every camp you're holding and force people PNPing you to choose a camp and keep the rest. Do this until whatever internal autism metric you judge value by insists persisting at a single camp is no longer worth it and log out in a huff because you can't maximize your time in a 20 year old Elf-sim.

Alternatively mutely stare with hatred at incoming tells and all other proof of humans existing and force every interaction you have with other players to be mediated by GMs.

Most likely outcome by scummers who both hate other players and refuse to recognize any social aspect of a game with PNP rules: train / KS whoever pisses you off and forces you out of your antisocial grinding. Don't expect staff help with the worst aspects of this server, and expect them to tell you to play nicely with known malcontents and likely Biden voters.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdaria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what I have in mind is someone clears camp A, now it's on respawn for 28 minutes. They clear camp B. Camp A in 16 minutes, camp B in 28 minutes. They clear camp C. Camp A in 6 minutes, camp B in 18 minutes, camp C in 28 minutes. Now back to A. then someone shows up and says "hey i want a camp" and they say "well i really want A, how about b or c". that feels like a reasonable resolution to me. But I agree with you that someone who isn't keeping the camps clear and is making claims to them anyway, and is further harassing people who are trying to lay legitimate claim to a camp, is behaving badly.
Usually what I'll do if I show up at a camp and someone is there but not killing anything and they are unresponsive to tells is wait several minutes and then just start killing. If they come back within a reasonable period of time after I start killing, I give them their camp back (for example, if it's a 6:40 spawn and they come back after 2 cycles then I give it back...but if they were AFK for like 4-5 cycles then yeah sorry you lost the camp).
Old 09-21-2020, 12:06 AM
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best solution for this kind of scenario is sunshine in the real world for both parties.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:10 AM
Planar Protector

Do you even play on p99? Half this shit is dead wrong compared to gm rulings lmao
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you even play on p99? Half this shit is dead wrong compared to gm rulings lmao
You keep saying this stupid shit but present nothing substantive of your claims.
Closed Thread