Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2020, 06:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solusekro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much money is considered enough so I can enjoy EQ without getting judged by this forum? $150,000 saved?
Enough to cover retirement for the rest of your life. Sorry but you're short yet.
Old 09-12-2020, 06:50 PM
Fire Giant

Imo she's doing good by you. It sounds like she's saving you from slipping back into your old, addictive and degenerate ways. Saving you from using all your sick time from work and joining Seal Team... packing on 15 lbs while she's taking care of your kids... watching you eat dinner in front of your computer monitor while you become more irritable and reclusive by the day. Your skin begins to find new shades of white. Tensions rise when you start lying to her that you're at work when you're actually home or in a parking lot on a fast food wifi depleting your joint checking account in order to get the new, bestest item... just to look cool while trading manastones for nudes to people who may or may not identify as female.

Thank her man, for keeping you in check. Because it sounds like you don't have what it take to do it on your own.
Old 09-12-2020, 07:03 PM
Banned

My wife HATES EQ but still let’s me play enough to get my fix and yells at me when I play way too much or at bad times, and has given me head while killing a dragon before. You need to find a better wife. Make sure you find the better wife before dumping the old one.
Old 09-12-2020, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1db...ichaelhenkhaus
Old 09-12-2020, 07:45 PM
Kobold

Man, I'm watching this thread as a college student who just got started with Everquest

If this is what my 40s are gonna be like I'm already fucking depressed.

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 09-12-2020, 09:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man, I'm watching this thread as a college student who just got started with Everquest

<Ad Nauseum>

Xwing @aliciousness 60 Hierophant
<Dial a Port>
Old 09-13-2020, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This game is sweet, but can be soul-sucking at times. Know your life schedule and keep shit in balance. Have a toon that you can afk or log out of on the fly, or play on another emu server that is more casual-friendly if you have a girlfriend or family obligations.

As with all things, moderation is key. Pixels aren't worth a divorce and/or a lifetime of loneliness. Just stay on top of yourself and set personal limits.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:48 PM
Kobold

Before you make any rash decisions remember that:
- Kunark release will signify the poopsock reaching 1/3 capacity, you still have kunark and velious
- Hot pockets don't microwave themselves
Old 09-14-2020, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

I don't get it... just roll an Iksar when Kunark releases and your pretty much on even ground to all the monks or other players that will re-roll for Iksar

Yea they will xfer there gear and plat, but the vast majority of classic gear with a few exceptions like Cloak of flames is quickly replaced by Kunark era gear

The majority of the grind is 50 - 60 anyway
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 09-15-2020, 11:52 AM
Banned

I feel ya!
Many women are the same way ... sit on their tablet looking at makeup vids or whatever and look up for a minute to see you enjoying a game and get upset that you are not spending time with them... Binder Dundat.

It's total nonsensical of them and just mean.. what's the difference between watching mind numbing shows on tv or playing a game after the work day/chores are finished? not to mention you can play EQ while you watch said tv shows and multitask!

This being said maybe you married the wrong woman. I was engaged to a woman who pulled a 180 on me like that, was miserable most of the time .. glad we split before we got married and had kids. dodged a bullet there.

I'm now engaged to a much better woman who compliments me and is my best friend, I even taught her how to play eq and she plays with me whenever we feel like playing. We've played on both on TLP and here on p99 now and have a blast together.

It's not all about eq of course... it's about respecting you and allowing you to do what you want especially when it's only a few hours AFTER working a hard day and finishing chores around the house. You've heard of "controlling" people in relationships im sure and that's what your wife is, hopefully you didn't know she was that way before you married her!
Closed Thread