Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quest exp still works on red1.0, /confirmed it this morning turning in bone chips to lashun
I lied, RIP
Old 11-17-2020, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
exploitable quest
To my knowledge, there is no exploitable quest in-game right now and that includes gnoll scrolls.

If you've found an exploit, please report it in the exploit forum so it can be patched.
Old 11-17-2020, 05:54 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True, but it doesn't change that it's unfair for lowbies just trying to casually play to lose those options, which was the point I intended to make.

Also, while I have no issues with twinking, since it's just new game+ more or less, I do have a problem with your argument. The problem is you're comparing spell damage this would be about the same as comparing your bind wound skill since, as far as I'm aware, equipment does not affect spell damage, so it doesn't factor into the twinking argument at all. It would certainly affect your survivability, as well as total mana, but for the most part, caster classes could even get by completely naked if they had to, though I doubt a new player would want to do this as it would still be harder than leveling with gear on.

A better comparison would've been between a hybrid or melee that isn't twinked versus one that is, but I think the difference there would be much more dramatic, those classes tend to rely on gear more than casters do. That being said, unless someone is using the advantage from twinking to steal kills or something, it shouldn't have a negative impact on anyone's experience with the game.

Yeah it sucks, but it isn't crippling or game ruining. The exp from the quests will be exactly the same once re-enabled and the money from selling stuff will still pour in then as well. You'll just have to make do with the classic methods of making money and leveling like the server was brand new and no one had the money to buy bags of belts.

Melee will be different, but given at level 10 you could be in full leather and tank fine it isn't like lacking twink gear means you cannot play. You'll have to kill a little slower in the group, bounce aggro, or the healer might actually have to heal. A little pre-planning means you can buy your banded set by level 10 and a 50pp wep, after which you are set to 30s for all of that and can focus on filling in the other slots.

End of the day RogBog saw some shit on their end that caused them to just nope out the quest exp for a month. People pitching a fit likely ain't gonna change much as they will change things based on what they see from their end. Plus nothing they changed is preventing you from playing the game and progressing. If anything it'll teach good bank management in hoarding all the quest items, like my bank full of sarnak war braids.
Old 11-17-2020, 07:59 PM
Large Rat

Wow, so I was with my ogre in blackburrow. I actually got to level 9 in The Feerrott, gave myself a SoW and ran thru raithe, lake rathetear, s. karana, n. krana, w. karana, qeynos hiils, built up faction killing gnolls and only assume i didn't get exp because i had to con indifferent, now after sitting on 160 gnoll fangs I learn they are useless.

Sucks to be me and just learning this because I wasted a lot of time for a payoff that won't come soon.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:05 PM
Banned

i always thought crushbone belts were an exploit because they were so good on live

They are reduced exp here because people abuse it, but i dont see why. The faster you level the more work you have to do to fix skills and who does it hurt?
Old 11-17-2020, 08:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Make quest XP great again
Old 11-17-2020, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Hill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, so I was with my ogre in blackburrow. I actually got to level 9 in The Feerrott, gave myself a SoW and ran thru raithe, lake rathetear, s. karana, n. krana, w. karana, qeynos hiils, built up faction killing gnolls and only assume i didn't get exp because i had to con indifferent, now after sitting on 160 gnoll fangs I learn they are useless.

Sucks to be me and just learning this because I wasted a lot of time for a payoff that won't come soon.
OOF. Save em man. You'll be able to turn them in ~20 days.
Old 11-17-2020, 09:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i always thought crushbone belts were an exploit because they were so good on live

They are reduced exp here because people abuse it, but i dont see why. The faster you level the more work you have to do to fix skills and who does it hurt?
Little story

Fizzle
Fizzle
Fizzle
Fizzle
Fizzle
Fizzle
Fizzle
Fizzle
Fizzle
Fizzle
Fizzle
You begin casting ABCXYZ
Spell effect goes sucessfully goes off
Fizzle
Fizzle
Fizzle
Fizzle

/g Sorry everybody, OOM. Hold pulls until I get mana back.
/group member 2: Did you buy belts to level ten then GLS to level twenty?
/g Yep, just made this toon this morning.

/disband
/disband
/disband
/disband

/ooc Group looking for a "insert class here".

That's a nice scenario. You tell me what happens if that spell never went off? Mez never landed? Heal never showed up? Flash of Light never went off? Slow fizzled? etc.

It's a long ass run from the NK gypsy's to Lake Rathe or EFP to Guk.
Old 11-17-2020, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

I imagine if someone got to 60 and had 0 skills in conjuration, alteration, etc. they could just spend a few hours spamming level 1 spells. It works.
Old 11-17-2020, 09:20 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OOF. Save em man. You'll be able to turn them in ~20 days.
I logged out as soon as I found out. I might be done. Bobocop the ogre shaman is burned out. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread