Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 02:28 AM
Banned

predicting the usual no followup from doug now that he's cornered, sorry for disrupting ur thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] the wellspring of cowardice from which all his badness flows.

no need to read this page if you already knew dougie's a far-right psycho with winter tap water IQ, which u oughta.
Old 12-04-2020, 02:58 AM
Planar Protector

Seems like kitten is being childish to me /shrug. Less adult words used, more 5th grade playground words "where the adults can't hear" type stuff.

Be the change you want to see.

Let's get back to the topic and stop making threads that aren't "about me" about you.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 12-04-2020, 04:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right yeah I think we agree, I also don't think anything is likely gonna happen to p99, because SOE had about 6 years to do something about it and didn't.

I was saying that it's strange they *did* shut down one eq fan server (winter's roar) in the mid 2000's, but then didn't shut down this one even though it's much more popular, and the reason for that might be that they noticed shutting these things down is incredibly unpopular among the playerbase and gamers in general like when nintendo shut down AM2R, and isn't worth the bad PR they got for it.
I don't know much about Winter's Roar, but given how EQ as a whole hit its peak popularity in mid 2000's that kind of makes sense. Of course people change their minds overtime especially when a lot of management shifts occurred by then until Day Break Games became a thing.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:12 AM
Fire Giant

Square Enix sent Byond.com a Cease and Desist in 2008 just because game makers used their Nintendo era (8-bit or 16 bit) graphics in their own homemade games (own code).
Consequently, byond.com morpgs died shortly thereafter, save for a few games not listed on the website.

And no games were for profit; all byond.com games were free. I thought this was shitty of SE, which made my fav. rpg of all time, the Dragon Warrior Series.
Last edited by BarnabusCollins; 12-04-2020 at 06:22 AM..
Old 12-04-2020, 08:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like kitten is being childish to me /shrug. Less adult words used, more 5th grade playground words "where the adults can't hear" type stuff.

Be the change you want to see.

Let's get back to the topic and stop making threads that aren't "about me" about you.
Of course you think that, you're cis straight.

I already handed the thread back from beating in dougie's head with warrant. I'm sorry you're too stupid to grasp the evil I'm up against, but I do know of your shortcomings secondhand so no surprise when checking poster name. Stir the pot, big smart grownup and thx for the 2cp I know we all value it (lol).
Old 12-04-2020, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnabusCollins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Square Enix sent Byond.com a Cease and Desist in 2008 just because game makers used their Nintendo era (8-bit or 16 bit) graphics in their own homemade games (own code).
Consequently, byond.com morpgs died shortly thereafter, save for a few games not listed on the website.

And no games were for profit; all byond.com games were free. I thought this was shitty of SE, which made my fav. rpg of all time, the Dragon Warrior Series.
wow I forgot about byond, that's a throwback.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 12-04-2020, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

I would say some people need to take their meds but I am pretty sure that is the problem here
Old 12-04-2020, 06:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnabusCollins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Space Station 13 is the best thing ever conceived on that platform or in general for an open source game. Actually, that makes sense that some communities were a little nervous to including textures to stuff like metroids. If SE would lose their shit over that, then Nintendo certaintly would even if its parody.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:58 PM
Banned

Hopefully we can stay positive and hope everything will be ok.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:51 PM
Banned

I always thought it would be cool if someone could make a classic EQ single player game that simulated online play. I've always wanted one of those. I wonder if one day a company owning the rights could make one and sell it. Just incase a rainy day a thousand years from now, when we all have to play McDonalds.com latest new game, I could have access to a time machine. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread