Sarnak

Iksar
- some of the animations could only be described as hideous
-- significant exp penalty
- worse item selection.
++ regen
+ AC bonus

Gnomes
- fasionquest males look like pedophiles, females look like children. both look like they are ready for tea time with their weaponry
- comprehensively awful warrior stats
+ wall hack
+ eventually can self haste with tinkering
+ small without shrink

Halflings
+ hide
+ sneak
+ multiplicative exp bonus (5.5%)
+ghetto wall hack
+small without need for shrink
- fashion quest: dudes are ugleeeee armor is plain. (chicks are thiccccc tho)

Barb
- blind
- exp penalty
- still gonna want shrink in a lot of places
++ slam
+ fashion quest

Those are the only good choices out of non ogre/trolls.

It's obviously a female halfling, though.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any race of warrior can interrupt. Carry a shield and when a spell starts casting you simply swap it in, press your bash keybind, and click the mouse again to put offhand weapon back. You won't even miss a beat. It is pretty easy and seamless. (admittedly it is a fair bit of annoyance when you are using a 2hander though)
Thank you for reminding me, it’s funny Ive been slamming for so long I pretty much forgot about this. I will say I’ve grouped with lots of little warriors and I can’t remember seeing them pulling out the shield a ton.

I have a half elf warrior on green created with grand visions of busting out the shield and bashing at that critical moment, really bringing the “skill” back to warrior. It didn’t work out for me at least and I ended up selling my shield. It was definitely tricky with the green UI, and I was usually too busy trying to keep aggro. Not to say someone more determined than I couldn’t do it really well.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:23 PM
Planar Protector

Dwarf with the dwarven armor has pretty crazy starting war stats. I love barb warriors though. Great fashion, slam, and being tall and not fat is cool.
Old 12-04-2020, 03:42 AM
Planar Protector

It.doesn’t.matter.

If one were to nitpick racials though sneak (halfling) is very handy as is 40% spell haste arms/wall look (gnomes). Even as nice as these are though pick what you like the look of.

Do keep in mind ogres and trolls in many cases will need a cobalt bracer ($$$) or ant potions (about 20p a click). Picking a medium or small warrior will make your life easier or at least cheaper.
Last edited by Snaggles; 12-04-2020 at 03:47 AM..
Old 12-04-2020, 04:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like pretty good points. I'll have to take use to the non KOS merchants in norrath

though, it will be quite frustrating

Any gear recommendations for iksar warrior?
True silver armor drops in kaesora and has better ac per slot than fine plate while covering all visible armor slots. Start with that and a pair of 5/55s, and go from there
Old 12-04-2020, 05:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do keep in mind ogres and trolls in many cases will need a cobalt bracer ($$$) or ant potions (about 20p a click).
Troll is appreciably smaller than Ogre in tight spaces in my experience, but still large and in charge. I've pulled a decent amount in Sol B and Guk as a troll.
Old 12-04-2020, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

Some resources for trying to min/max fashion quest
https://wiki.project1999.com/Fashion
https://wiki.project1999.com/FashionQuest_Guide
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Halfling in Dwarf armour. Great all rounder. Looks great too imho.

You’ll find all warriors have some issues with tanking so early in the server. It gets better with Velious gearflation.

Which weapons were you using?
Old 12-04-2020, 08:56 PM
Sarnak

dwarf cultural armor doesn't come out until a month or two before velious release.
Old 12-05-2020, 02:12 AM
Fire Giant

disclaimer: this is considering you play on Blue99, and are a filthy twink like all of us, and that you are planning to solo a bunch.

this disclaimer is important because if it is not the case, then it doesn't matter at all and the only thing that matters is FashionQuest. (which may still be the case even with the disclaimer btw, all races are very playable; pick your favorite ass to look at)

i played all races of warrior. when i'm done with one i start a new one because i'm dumb. here is my current breakdown in order from strongest to weakest. in parentheses the suggested starting stats.

TIER 1 (min-maxxing)

Ogre (+25 DEX)
pros: front stun immunity, big race (slam), best stats hands down
cons: big race, very common, quite ugly, evil faction

Troll (+20 DEX +3 STR +2 STA)
pros: natural HP regen, big race (slam)
cons: big race, quite ugly, evil faction

TIER 2 (still very good)

Barbarian (+25 DEX)
pros: big race (slam)
cons: blind as fuck, big race

Dwarf (+10 STR +10 STA +5 DEX)
pros: barrel rolls! +5 MR, small race
cons: no slam, ugly Female models w/o barrel rolls

TIER 3 (sure why not)

Halfling (+20 STR +5 STA)
pros: hide & sneak. +5% xp bonus. small race. rounded stats
cons: no slam, ugly as fuck

Iksar (+20 STR +5 STA)
pros: natural HP regen, swimming (100), AC bonus, start on kunark
cons: ugly 2HX animation, can't wear most plate armor, 'very evil' faction

TIER 4 (why)

Half Elf (+20 STR +5 STA)
pros: can choose from many religions, different starting hubs, and different factions
cons: nothing really, just weak stats

Human (+15 STR +10 STA)
pros: can choose from many religions, different starting hubs, and different factions
cons: blind as fuck

Gnome (+25 STR)
pros: wall vision. clockwork armor, small race, tinkering and neutral faction
cons: very weak ass stats for a warrior

TIER 5 (hard mode tryboi)

Wood Elf (+25 STR)
pros: rare, look cute, they have hide and forage
cons: very weak ass stats for a warrior

Dark Elf (+25 STR)
pros: rare, look badass, they have hide and ultravision
cons: very weak ass stats for a warrior, evil faction

---

'big race' as a cons is because of all the stupid ducking. as a pros because of Slam.
'small race' a a pros because of the better view/maneuverability and some reduced weight on some armor.

as a Warrior you will probably use a 2HX from level 20 to 46, and not being able to reliably interrupt during these levels sucks a ton, the big races have a huge advantage on every other races because of this (Slam).

but if you can own two very very good 1HX weapons then you can fast switch a Clay Guardian Shield and Bash or something. But this is definitely playing in hard mode for a Warrior (see disclaimer)

i don't put the 'gnome twink' super high personnally, even tho gnome is arguably my favorite race and my gnome warrior was probably the most fun to play, i don't know why people always say the gnome twink with 40% haste is better than sliced bread, i wonder if they have really tried it... i have and this is the ranking i give it. fight me hehe.

TLDR; in your situation and considering both threads and what we know, i would recommend wholeheartedly the Barbarian Warrior.
Unless I am mistaken and you are planning to start this Warrior on Green. If so, then see top-of-post, FashionQuest should be your sole and only concern.
Last edited by Nagoya; 12-05-2020 at 02:18 AM..
Closed Thread