Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

OP admitted that his group was pulling more mobs than what typically constitutes the LCY camp. By more mobs he surely means mobs that are distantly between him and the entrance, the dogs that are guarding the castle entrance and the early ramparts.

So he's pulling mobs that typically would be pulled by people that are soloing or camping the entrance.

What exactly are these people supposed to be XPing on if the LCY camp has taken their mobs? The answer is the remaining mobs beyond LCY
Old 12-22-2020, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

I have to admit during my time on blue I’d happily pull mobs through LCY if their puller had cleared out the mobs that I could have taken without going through. A couple of snares or similar seemed to guarantee they’d end up in their intended destination if LCY didn’t try to CC them.

Occasionally the LCY enc might memblur a dotted mob running thru, which could lead to problems, but I guess that is a consequence of casting on someone else’s engage.
Old 12-22-2020, 09:59 AM
Banned

trains are like a christmas thing imo

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-22-2020, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Karnor'sCastle: 10 billion trains served. It's a zone feature and a spectacle.
Old 12-22-2020, 01:54 PM
Banned

Xp zone requiring minimal effort, no risk (no body bound key)..... Hmmm what kind of players might that attract...
Old 12-22-2020, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

Bagheera dropped group as puller the other morning to snipe Tranquil Staff - Don't group with him.
Old 12-22-2020, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

OP [right]: Where am I?
RnF [left]: Karnor's Castle.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-22-2020, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

Pretty sure a train is a train. I don't see exceptions noted in the rules for KC just because idiots like to say it's classic as an excuse to be lazy and bad. You are responsible for what happens to mobs you pull/engage even after you zone it. If you pull from beyond LCY and it paths back to them after you fail to kill what you pull, it is a train and you can be petitioned. I would absolutely FRAPS and petition someone for it if it happened more than once. Plenty of other options in that situation other than them screwing up my gameplay. If you're pulling all the way from hands to the zone in, stop being a pussy and go setup camp beyond LCY. If you can't then try a different zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So he's pulling mobs that typically would be pulled by people that are soloing or camping the entrance.

What exactly are these people supposed to be XPing on if the LCY camp has taken their mobs? The answer is the remaining mobs beyond LCY
This kind of entitled dumb logic right here...smh. So it's okay to train people when the entry mobs are taken because you HAVE to sit at the zone-in to kill shit? There's still a whole zone to exp on beyond the entrance. It's not like KC has some innate rule that solo/duo toons get priority at the entrance of KC. The answer to your question is move in past the mobs that are being killed and camp somewhere beyond. You could maybe even try to work something out with the group pulling those areas if they have other spots to pull from. If you're not willing to do that, then you risk training the groups up front and getting suspended. Your right to kill safely at the zone-in does not override the rights of others to not get trained even if it is KC.
Old 12-22-2020, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

nah
Old 12-23-2020, 04:29 AM
Sarnak

So Live play etiquette in this situation, you DO NOT F-ing pull thru someone else's camp! That's war son! Any player worth their salt should know this. Holy hell what you private server players thinking? Why are private server players so dumb?
Closed Thread