Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 04:19 PM
Fire Giant

Default Don't let a dark past ruin a bright future

Recently I’ve had to come to terms that my current guild (who I won’t mention) is just not allowed to be as active as I’d like.

I want to do something better with my time. I'd want to try raiding again. I know both Aftermath and Awakened are the most active but I realized that I don't really know much about them or their leadership other than that. I'm in it for the long haul and want to make the best decision when applying.

What are some Pros or Cons of each that I should take into consideration?
Old 01-18-2018, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

It's hard to get honest feedback on this because your either getting opinions from current or ex-for-a-reason-members. Both groups are biased. Out of respect for both guilds, I'm not going to share my thoughts.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Think you going to just have to try them and see for yourself.

I have no dog in the race, but have an acquaintance and an actual decent pal in AW, neither have ever had one complaint regarding the guild whenever I have talked to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to do something better with my time. I'd want to try raiding again.
you're a low hanging fruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-18-2018, 04:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

TLDR - Aftermath is better by a large margin in just about every conceivable way
do they have pizza partys?
Old 01-18-2018, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

Aftermath has Aikons, who is fucking fantastic. He takes the time to explain how/why to do things, is super positive and highly competent with his own characters. Never seen a better officer/leader.

AM is also highly independent, which is nice because it confers an ample measure of freedom. That can make it rough if you don't know wtf you are doing, but there are lots of people to answer any questions you have.

Awakened is liek aftermath's evil twin from opposite land. lotta good people there too, but recently many have defected to Team Good Guy's.

If you all AM, I'll give you a net (^。~)v
Old 01-18-2018, 05:09 PM
Banned

i had a brief period of high playtime last summer and wanted to do some velious raiding. I joined Aftermath because they have a cooler name. I was in the guild for a few weeks before quitting due to my personal circumstance improving and no longer being sedated enough to enjoy EQ raiding.

There are a lot of really fun people to play EQ with in Aftermath. As a warrior, raid guilds can be really autistic about their tank power dynamics. BDA was really awful about that. So I was very very pleased to find out how welcoming and inclusive the warrior crew of Aftermath was, particularly Wooliez and Aikons, and Detoxx as well when he was around.

People were quick to give me useful advice and I legitimately enjoyed most of the guild banter during raids and idle chatter.

Yes, there were 5-10% fully autistic pixel addicted retards who got upset when I teased them, but I promise you will find that in any guild.

On the topic of leadership, Detoxx probably only was at 20% of the raids. He has done a good job giving power to ppl who can run shit so he's not around all the time.

Recently, I have heard forum rumors that the once admirable Erati of Awakened has turned into a true pixellord scumbag and is no longer the cool, normal pal we once knew. Likewise, Awakened has Henrique, and it's a lot more fun to trigger him by being part of AM than to read his posts as part of Awakened.

If I raided again, I'd go back to AM. Fortunately, I am past that stage of my life :-)

Now i'm just addicted to Post Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2018, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's hard to get honest feedback on this because your either getting opinions from current or ex-for-a-reason-members. Both groups are biased. Out of respect for both guilds, I'm not going to share my thoughts.
That sounds negative. What I will say is there's plenty of positives to either guild. I had fun in both of them and I honestly don't think there's a bad choice between the two. It's a matter of where your friends are and how you get along with the people. You can't know until you try them out.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I raided again, I'd go back to AM. Fortunately, I am past that stage of my life :-)

Now i'm just addicted to Post Quick Reply
I recall you quitting many times and coming back just as many times. Somehow I doubt you’re passed that stage in your life filbus. Lie to yourself but don’t lie to the community.
Quizarts - 60 Monk
Ratherdashing - 57 Cleric
Chubbler - 52 Warrior
Chubbwares - EC mule
Old 01-18-2018, 05:32 PM
Large Rat

suspicious honest question hehe

apples and oranges. AM has alot more members and has been doing really well lately. AW has much stricter app process, with fewer members. so theres gonna be pros and cons to each. ask people in game if your legitimately curious not forum people that either dont raid, or burnt their bridges to either one
Closed Thread