Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 03:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The number of poison counters greater than one being irrelevant towards hate seems to be the biggest change. Most of the good aggro procs before now on p99 were relying on every counter to add towards the hate. However there is definitely a 400 hate cap on every spell/proc/clicky regardless of class/beneficial/harmful/damaging right now which isn't right.
The patch notes said a 400 hate cap on the non-damage components and it said only for "out of class". It basically improves rogue weapons with high agroe procs and slightly nerfs a few warrior weapons (most are still decent or amazing if my math is right). Stuff like Bladestopper, root nets etc didn't even generate 400 threat per click. Prayers of Life is the only real victim of this I think...

Someone in this thread mentioned snare earlier ....totally moot since snare doesn't generate more than 300 threat.... most effects never generated more than 400 threat (from non-damage component) and the few that did, generated a disproportionate amount.
Last edited by Dillusional; 02-19-2019 at 03:39 PM..
Old 02-19-2019, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillusional [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The patch notes said a 400 hate cap on the non-damage components and it said only for "out of class". It basically improves rogue weapons with high agroe procs and slightly nerfs a few warrior weapons (most are still decent or amazing if my math is right). Stuff like Bladestopper, root nets etc didn't even generate 400 threat per click. Prayers of Life is the only real victim of this I think...

Someone in this thread mentioned snare earlier ....totally moot since snare doesn't generate more than 300 threat.... most effects never generated more than 400 threat (from non-damage component) and the few that did, generated a disproportionate amount.
Most non-damaging spells used a scale based on the mob's hp to determine hate value. Which makes them....eh you can read all about it yourself here:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39819

This is the data H is using to plot the scope of his code so have at it.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:57 AM
Kobold

What a great link pringles. It gave me a lot to think about and reassess.

Quote:
Hate from procs is capped.

From the February 21, 2001 patch notes:

Quote:
— We reduced the amount of hate that can be caused by a proc. Due to
the high proc rates at upper levels, the amount of hate generated from
procs, and the spells that were selected for those procs, made keeping
the attention of the creature much too easy a task for the tank.
Simply, it nearly eliminated the challenge of keeping a foes attention
at levels above 50.
You can also see this in some old hate research here: http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/hom...?f=307&t=90781

This affects not just stuns, but also slows and snares and presumably any of the effects with hate that scales with NPC hitpoints. The scaling spell hate portion of a proc is capped at 400-- any damage component will stack. I used a swarmcaller on a 3600 hp NPC and the proc did ~236 hate. The proc on a 11.5k hp NPC did 400 hate.
It means my historical assessment of hate values in raid situations was way off but the math I posted earlier about the current situation is completely accurate in the context of a raid.

I like this patch even more now, it matches what happened on live (at least as far as what happened to agroe from weapon procs) and is very balancing. Red blade of warrior epic is a real agroe weapon now. Maybe tanks will have to actually compromise and use agroe weapons in ToV instead of tanking with two 100hp weapons and or a shield.
Last edited by Dillusional; 02-20-2019 at 11:07 AM..
Closed Thread