Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 04:00 AM
Planar Protector

Never
Old 03-07-2019, 04:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some nice parts of the patch aren't out yet, how long do you guys figure it will be?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 03-07-2019, 05:02 AM
Fire Giant

Probably the life cycle of at least 2 more TLP's from daybreak

I think at this point its fair to start measuring time by how often daybreak launches TLP's and they die.....

also I dun care about all that knight and monk stuff, but bring on the druid ports to surefall glade plz, my druid wants!
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 03-07-2019, 05:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why did original devs make monks so broken in Velious?

Can almost tank like a knight, dps like a rogue, access to master race, hmm... Let's give em triple attack too
Velious was released in December, 2000. Back then, most people were running around Norrath butt naked, with barely any gear, barely any knowledge of the game, and on computers with 14" CRT monitors topping at 5 FPS on a good day.

The game didn't yet go through the massive amounts of neckbeardery and gear farming that you can see on P99. I don't think monks seemed broken/OP to anybody back then.
Last edited by Izmael; 03-07-2019 at 05:59 AM..
Old 03-07-2019, 05:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Can almost tank like a knight, dps like a rogue, access to master race, hmm... Let's give em triple attack too
They over estimated the monk "downside" and the monks positives far outweighed it.

Monk's have a carrying capacity, and suffer a AC penalty when over so much weight (i think 21wt at 60 I'm too lazy to look it up on the wiki atm to be 100% sure, just going off memory

Due to this when looking at gearing and weapons monks where heavily limited in selection in Vanilla - Kunark (less so in Kunark when factoring in some VP items)

Then Velious turned that all around... LOTS of raid loot that is ALL / ALL , or includes monk that is 0.0wt or 0.1 weight or some ridiculous crap...So you had a class that was suppose to be heavily restricted in the gear and items they could carry / equip that all of a sudden could use a lot of the same gear items that warriors would be using

Then factor on top of this Mend - an ability that straight up is better and better the more hp you have.... well well look at this velious gear.... tons of armor with 75+hp some of it with 100hp per slot you say?

So yea basically the gear inflation and sillyness that was ALL / ALL slots or tons of raid items that did not restrict monks away from using them favored monks than other classes... the more AC and HP a monk has the more effective health his/her mend is healing for... all while doing really high dps and tanking like a champ =p
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 03-07-2019, 05:58 AM
Banned

Probably never. Knights defenses shoulda been a thing a few years ago.

"pre-luclin" anything is up for serious high debate on the developers side because that was the patch to prep for luclin, the first NOT CLASSIC xpac ever. And just because it came before luclins launch, should have never been a contender for something that was meant to be a museum in the first place.

edit line--

I mean it, triple attack for wars/monks was meant for luclin and should never be on p99 because it was just a taste to keep the players interested until then. you might as well remove the -10% noncleric healing penalty, 15 buff/debuff limit, stacking dots or add horses and even luclin models
Last edited by Jauna; 03-07-2019 at 06:01 AM..
Old 03-07-2019, 07:04 AM
Planar Protector

Warriors already get triple attack at 60 lol
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Luclin prepatch, will not make it onto P99, not classic
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 03-07-2019, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

The guy in charge of the Monk class at the time happened to have no great regard for overall game balance and preferred to keep giving more and more nice stuff to his own pet class. I want to say he went by the handle "abashi" but I could be slightly mistaken on the spelling.

Danth
Old 03-07-2019, 06:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The guy in charge of the Monk class at the time happened to have no great regard for overall game balance and preferred to keep giving more and more nice stuff to his own pet class. I want to say he went by the handle "abashi" but I could be slightly mistaken on the spelling.

Danth
You might be right. All I remember was how overpowered druids were and Absor defending them mercilessly.

Baritune - level 60 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!
Closed Thread