Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Scale AFK checks with position in line?
Yes - Health is important and it doesn't make sense in its current form 60 62.50%
No - I'm probably voting this because I already suffered and I'm spiteful 36 37.50%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2020, 12:23 AM
Fire Giant

Question For health: Scale /list afk check timer based on position in line?

There's no reason to have 10 min AFK checks if you are 8th+ in line for something you won't even see for 20-40 hrs.

For RL hp reasons, I'd like to propose a scaling curve to AFK checks.

1st in line? Ofc the checks as it is. However, how about scale it based on the # in line you are? 2nd in line, ~20 min checks. 3rd? 30m checks. 4th? ....

~10 mins - ish - per place in line?

If you are 8th in line for jboots or manastone, let the guys afk. If they miss the longer afk checks and don't notice they're next in line for the 10m checks, too bad. However, this will at least allow people to have dinner with their family, take a shower, emergency take care of kid, etc. Anyone that plays is likely in their 30s+ (RL age, rather) now.

Still has AFK checks, still does it's job, just more intuitive. If you are in the back of the line, there's no reason you should have to do 7~12 min checks. Some form of check? Absolutely. But not 7~12.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:31 AM
Banned

The list is fine not everyone needs a manastone , it shouldn’t be a welfare item for showing up and it’s close enough to that as is
Old 01-04-2020, 12:32 AM
Banned

i like the list, it makes sure only people who are sick, get the sick items.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:36 AM
Planar Protector

If you aren't willing to die for your manastone are you really living?
Old 01-04-2020, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtMacklinFBI [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The list is fine not everyone needs a manastone , it shouldn’t be a welfare item for showing up and it’s close enough to that as is
LOL that's exactly what it is currently. A welfare item for people on welfare.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you aren't willing to die for your manastone are you really living?
I laughed out loud at this =)

Also, if all those things are concerns you’ll have when voluntarily choosing to camp your mana stone, then perhaps don’t venture down that road to begin with. No, you don’t need one, you don’t deserve one, and nothing needs to be done to make it easier for you to obtain one.
Old 01-04-2020, 02:05 AM
Fire Giant

btw, I left vote results open so you can see who was being biased that already looted jboots/manastone.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:45 AM
Kobold

You ppl seem to think this is just something they can change real fast, they would have to recode the entire list feature and IT ISNT HAPPENING, they arent going to put in more work on a system that is done in 4 months anyway. You ppl have been trying to get the list system changed since it started and how has that worked out for you, if you dont like the list system dont join it, simple as that and if you are putting your health at risk over a 20 year old pixel maybe you need a reality check in the form of a hospital bed to wake u up.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:24 AM
Kobold

You can’t polish a turd. But I commend you for trying.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:29 PM
Fire Giant

My only options are health is important or I'm spiteful? dafuq. How about "leave list alone, not every single player should have a manastone or rubicite bp"

Why not just add a window when you create the character "which legacy item do you want? Manastone, Rubicite Bp, Jboots, or Guise?" and have it appear in your inventory. 1 per account. Health problem solved.
Closed Thread