Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Kobold

Memblurring dragons = blatant organized exploitation? Then what do you call training another guild for hours on end in VP while your raid suspended and not allowed to engage those dragons anyway?

Payback is a bitch.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazlazen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
where is the thrill in rotations ? Why do you play everquest ?/yawn
And this^

Its a game. A game without competition is as fun as a soccer match without a score.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

Lol @ rusl like we had no intention of killing those dragons when we got back. Apples and oranges my friend.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you really think we were adverse to creating a better environment after IB left?
Your version of a better environment:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I suppose it could be just a bunch of TMO clerics with absolutely nothing better to do than to troll VD. Nothing surprises me about TMO anymore, really.
^^ Note that is AFTER the Ragefire agreement was in place.

Now answer the question of the OP: Will TMO agree to a Trak rotation?
Old 03-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Fire Giant

Rotations are generally created when it is in the rotating guild’s interests to do so. Very rarely, if ever, are they fully motivated by altruism. Each guild will zealously look out for its own interests as it should. TMO needs a lot of teeth still, and this is probably the biggest reason we’re not currently overly interested in a rotation. Notice that TMO only began rotating with IB when it was getting roughly half or slightly more of the Traks.

It’s decision theory. That said, eventually TMO would probably agree to a rotation when it appears in the guild’s interests. TMO is, overall, interested in being a reasonable and valuable portion of the community. But, the first responsibility is to the membership. While I appreciate the idea of an open slot on the rotation, accepting that when so many members still need teeth and other drops, would violate the duty the guild owes its members.

In regards to the quotes of Zeelot from Coldblooded, I meant to say in my original post that “I don’t think VD reached out BEFORE the training and such began a week or two ago.” I used the idea of “good faith” negotiation in my post. Please try to understand that, from TMO’s perspective, trying to negotiate right now in light of the VP activities is probably not going to feel like good faith. To TMO at least. That said, I’ll relegate that discussion to that thread.

EDIT: Ragefire was agreed to and respected. Yes, we had people in the lair. There was significant and heated debate within the guild, and the efforts to persuade others to respect the Ragefire rotation were immense and contentious. Please don't bring that us here as it will add nothing. TMO has decided to respect that. Please don't undo the difficult work it took to ensure that. Thank you.

To both TMO and VD in this thread, whatever we might feel is true and justified, or the right thing to say, let's use a bit of judgment before we say anything we KNOW will provoke the other side. Right or wrong, this is not the place to hash out our grievances.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Sharing is caring...easy to shoot the idea down.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

If TMO are truly the self-proclaimed "good guys" of the server, then they would agree to a rotation on Trak that allows for BDA, Taken, and/or Divinity to have a shot at Trak, to improve the raid scene on the server for all. They would agree to a VP rotation so they could peacefully share the zone with the other guild capable of doing it.

Instead, they're goading us into trying a VP dragon so they can train the crap out of us. Bully tactics were responded to with force, and will continue to be responded to in force. Our goal is not to kill a VP dragon. Our goal is to deny you your precious pixels and force you to waste time poopsocking Trak until you finally concede that these mobs aren't yours to distribute rights to as you see fit as the bullies of the server. Until then, you're getting your own medicine force-fed back to you until you realize sharing is a more effective use of everyone's time.

There's still plenty of competition on the other mobs to float your boat. But Taken/Div/BDA deserve a shot at Trak, too.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 03-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

VD thinks they can drop a couple of mobs when they have some good momentum and pressure us into a rotation. Nope.

The blatant fact of the matter is you still haven't really proven yourself in the raid game. You're proving this at a faster rate outside of that silly 3-way rotation we had, but overall, you haven't really perpetuated stiff competition long enough to be considered for easy rotation slots.

How do you know when you've proven yourself enduring and competent enough in the raid game to justify a rotation? You've proven this when we agree it is kind of pointless to continue to compete against you, when it's really just like a roll of the dice - no sooner. Right now most of us are thrilled to compete =) because you kinda suck

Let's see if you can perpetuate victory over a number of months, not a number of days or a single day. Then we'll maybe talk about it.

If anyone's getting mob welfare it's gonna be Taken and BDA, not VD. You may as well stop with the annoying transparent pressure - it is not going to happen.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

Clarifying Yendor's definition of "responded to in force" = CHing other guilds dragons with memblur for 6+ hours a night, every night for a week. With no intention of killing said dragon.

I don't think our "bully tactics" involved exploits. Actually we were just protecting dragons that we would later kill (any guild would do this). Bullying seems much more pertinent to VD's actions at the present.
Last edited by Fountree; 03-01-2012 at 01:22 PM..
Old 03-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rotations are generally created when it is in the rotating guild’s interests to do so. Very rarely, if ever, are they fully motivated by altruism. Each guild will zealously look out for its own interests as it should. TMO needs a lot of teeth still, and this is probably the biggest reason we’re not currently overly interested in a rotation. Notice that TMO only began rotating with IB when it was getting roughly half or slightly more of the Traks.

It’s decision theory. That said, eventually TMO would probably agree to a rotation when it appears in the guild’s interests. TMO is, overall, interested in being a reasonable and valuable portion of the community. But, the first responsibility is to the membership. While I appreciate the idea of an open slot on the rotation, accepting that when so many members still need teeth and other drops, would violate the duty the guild owes its members.

In regards to the quotes of Zeelot from Coldblooded, I meant to say in my original post that “I don’t think VD reached out BEFORE the training and such began a week or two ago.” I used the idea of “good faith” negotiation in my post. Please try to understand that, from TMO’s perspective, trying to negotiate right now in light of the VP activities is probably not going to feel like good faith. To TMO at least. That said, I’ll relegate that discussion to that thread.

EDIT: Ragefire was agreed to and respected. Yes, we had people in the lair. There was significant and heated debate within the guild, and the efforts to persuade others to respect the Ragefire rotation were immense and contentious. Please don't bring that us here as it will add nothing. TMO has decided to respect that. Please don't undo the difficult work it took to ensure that. Thank you.

To both TMO and VD in this thread, whatever we might feel is true and justified, or the right thing to say, let's use a bit of judgment before we say anything we KNOW will provoke the other side. Right or wrong, this is not the place to hash out our grievances.
Good post. For the record, Zeelot has been approached by Coldblooded prior to their suspension and everyday since it was lifted concerning talking about a rotation.

It took IB / TMO a few hours of griefing each other to come to rotation agreement.

VD entered VP while TMO was suspended. They had secret knowledge their suspension was going to be lifted early. They raid interfered us out as it is allowed in VP. We have only returned the favor by raid interfering with them.
Trains became memblurs overtime because of its simplicity. To say one raid interference is better than another is absurd.

Raid interference is raid interference.
Closed Thread