Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But Taken/Div/BDA deserve a shot at Trak, too.
It honestly sounds like some of TMO's leadership would like to provide them that opportunity but some other within their leadership would not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loly Taa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, at this point- TMO is more willing to rotate VP with Taken/BDA/Divinity than VD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you really think we were adverse to creating a better environment after IB left?
I hope the "good guys" of the server will live up to their name.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

Metallikus...you're telling us that in your mind, you equate training to protect dragons we would later kill with CHing another guilds dragons for no reason other than to grief? On multiple different occasions? If you are, then seriously LOL

Trains can be dealt with, Hoshkar being CH'd cannot. They are very different forms of raid interference. One is exploiting a broken mechanic, the other is not.
Last edited by Fountree; 03-01-2012 at 01:32 PM..
Old 03-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stuff
Stay on topic. Will you (and your guild) "create a better environment now that IB left"?
Old 03-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

I have to kinda laugh at TMO bitching about the memblur thing. As Metallikus says, it's simply more efficient to memblur the mobs than to send in 20 people with trains - raid interference is raid interference. I spent a LONG time arguing on the VD forums that we shouldn't randomly train you guys in VP, and I was really irritated at Bisch when he took it upon himself to do that. But when we went into VP while you guys were raid suspended and the first thing you guys do is start up the trains, talk a lot of trash about how you were going to enjoy corpse camping us, and in general be incredibly nasty . . . I just find it kind of hard to feel much sympathy here. If you guys had done something rational, like "since we're raid suspended, we'll let you guys have the 6 dragons that spawn that week in exchange for you letting us have 6 Trakanons after the week is over" I'm sure Coldblooded would have agreed and we would be on the road to good relations. The guild as a whole would never have supported training you guys in VP if you hadn't done that to us first. Basically I agree with Yendor: with IB gone you guys thought you could just bully the rest of the server, and instead you got punched in the mouth.

But my bigger problem with all this is I don't even feel like raiding any more. I just can't fathom guys like Jeremy and Fazlazen who enjoy the current raiding scene. I mean if we had simulated repops and the goal was to kill stuff the fastest and get the most targets I could understand. If we had PVP I could understand. But right now to "win" on P1999 you have to spend the most time tracking / at your computer ready to log in / having retarded FTE tactics like eye of zomm / making KS groups / training the other guild in plausibly deniable ways / etc. I guess it takes its own kind of skill, but I just don't find it enjoyable.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

Sad thing is this rotation will never even be considered seriously as long as VD is pulling their crap membluring dragons that have already been engaged. FTE is FTE. Leave it alone if someone else is fighting it.

As far as that goes, why hasnt a GM intervened in this exploit ? This is clearly not classic and is still being used to grief other guilds ?
Old 03-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trains became memblurs overtime because of its simplicity.
I really can't believe people are openly supporting a game exploit in the server forum.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to kinda laugh at TMO bitching about the memblur thing. As Metallikus says, it's simply more efficient to memblur the mobs than to send in 20 people with trains - raid interference is raid interference. I spent a LONG time arguing on the VD forums that we shouldn't randomly train you guys in VP, and I was really irritated at Bisch when he took it upon himself to do that. But when we went into VP while you guys were raid suspended and the first thing you guys do is start up the trains, talk a lot of trash about how you were going to enjoy corpse camping us, and in general be incredibly nasty . . . I just find it kind of hard to feel much sympathy here. If you guys had done something rational, like "since we're raid suspended, we'll let you guys have the 6 dragons that spawn that week in exchange for you letting us have 6 Trakanons after the week is over" I'm sure Coldblooded would have agreed and we would be on the road to good relations. The guild as a whole would never have supported training you guys in VP if you hadn't done that to us first. Basically I agree with Yendor: with IB gone you guys thought you could just bully the rest of the server, and instead you got punched in the mouth.

But my bigger problem with all this is I don't even feel like raiding any more. I just can't fathom guys like Jeremy and Fazlazen who enjoy the current raiding scene. I mean if we had simulated repops and the goal was to kill stuff the fastest and get the most targets I could understand. If we had PVP I could understand. But right now to "win" on P1999 you have to spend the most time tracking / at your computer ready to log in / having retarded FTE tactics like eye of zomm / making KS groups / training the other guild in plausibly deniable ways / etc. I guess it takes its own kind of skill, but I just don't find it enjoyable.
I enjoy the competitive nature of the game, I don't enjoy KSing/FTE bullshit, etc. I don't enjoy training either. I don't support rotations because I get no thrill from that.

I like straight up "legit" competing, no bullshit.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Metallikus...you're telling us that in your mind, you equate training to protect dragons we would later kill with CHing another guilds dragons for no reason other than to grief? On multiple different occasions? If you are, then seriously LOL

Trains can be dealt with, Hoshkar being CH'd cannot. They are very different forms of raid interference. One is exploiting a broken mechanic, the other is not.
The word "exploit" does not exist in VP. Haven't you read the many posts about there not being any rules in that zone. If there are no rules then anything is allowed.

If we took speed limits away, people would drive 150mph in school zones , I know I would
52 Monk Happytime
Old 03-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanuven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sad thing is this rotation will never even be considered seriously as long as VD is pulling their crap membluring dragons that have already been engaged. FTE is FTE. Leave it alone if someone else is fighting it.

As far as that goes, why hasnt a GM intervened in this exploit ? This is clearly not classic and is still being used to grief other guilds ?
It could stop TODAY if TMO could stop playing server bully and agree to a rotation to make this server a better place to play for all. But, since you're greedy and want all the pixels to yourself, here we are.

Trak rotation: TMO, VD, open.

Or continue to be the bullies of the server and take what you've got coming to you.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 03-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

I scoff at the notion that VD is memblurring simply because it is easier than training. VD caught on to the fact that we are way better at preventing and derailing their pathetic trains than they are at creating them.

I'm not crying about the memblur for the most part, unlike most people, because we will give VD what's coming to them. But trying to claim "we COULD be training you instead" is ridiculous considering any time you actually concert a serious effort upon this task, you pretty much get run out of the zone.

I personally am in favor of giving VD a disruption-free hour or two to attempt Hoshkar. You'd have a much better chance at us considering a rotation if you pressed for something like that.