Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

I think worst combo basically has to be classes that dont synergize. Any trio will work technically but like a wizard + rogue boils down to aggro kiting and if you've ever been the rogue in a kite duo , it sucks.

I'd vote wizard + rogue + cleric
Off the dome i see a few glaring issues:

>No mana regen for casters
--the horrible tank compounds this problem and also forces the trio to move at a bursty pace which isnt ideal for xp.

>No tank for the rogue
--the ONLY benefit the rogue offers is mostly negated. Cleric could tank but if were assuming these are not balls to the walls twinks, the cleric would be great at this.

>the rogue is dead weight if you consider that you could have two nukers if fighting undead. So we assume that all 3 players would need to contribute or it wouldnt be a trio.

This party has CC and it could work but it gets hamstrung by the rogue and the wizard not being able to work together and creates a situation where it's hard to utilize each party member. I feel like in a trio , if 1/3 of the team is less than a 10% contribution towards the goal then it dissolves.

Tldr: clr wiz Rog, itll work but itll be more headache than it's worth.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 06-06-2019, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Actually the cleric could tank in wiz/clr/rog with rooting. Wizard could toss in a nuke at 50-60% or whatever. If the wizard is high enough you could also fear kite. Of course there is also just kiting a group of mobs and AoEing. I don't think the cleric or wizards ones are capped at 4 so you could probably do some bunkers AoE killing if you had the spawns available.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

With no repeatable classes, and level appropriate gear the worst trio would have to be Rogue/Mage/Wizard since all die fast, there's no real healing or buffs, no tanks for aggro and not-die-ability. They'd be able to kill stuff, but breaking camps would be tough and the downtime would be pretty high.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With no repeatable classes, and level appropriate gear the worst trio would have to be Rogue/Mage/Wizard
This might be the worst, I always forget mages are a thing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-06-2019, 08:00 PM
Sarnak

warrior x3
Old 06-06-2019, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

Warriors go berserk though and wouldn't need a ton of heals, 3x warriors bandaging would be all the heals they need and their dps/damage mitigation would be pretty baller. Breaking camps would be a pain, but if they're 100% to being with, a little coordination would make it possible in a lot of instances.

At high levels, they'd be relegated to simpler camps with low level mobs though.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:22 PM
Fire Giant

I keep coming up with Boutik, Boutik and you guessed it Boutik. 3 Guys named Boutik(Stupid name) talking all Jibberish (Where did you learn to speak english? From a fortune cookie?) all showing off their awesome wares instead of fighting. Talk about a Turd fest. Hands down without a doubt the absolutely unbelievably incredibly worst trio imaginable.
Last edited by kuuky; 06-06-2019 at 10:52 PM..
Old 06-06-2019, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

I have made all of these groups work for xp
Old 06-07-2019, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I keep coming up with Boutik, Boutik and you guessed it Boutik. 3 Guys named Boutik(Stupid name) talking all Jibberish (Where did you learn to speak english? From a fortune cookie?) all showing off their awesome wares instead of fighting. Talk about a Turd fest. Hands down without a doubt the absolutely unbelievably incredibly worst trio imaginable.
Damn, dude, where did the tunnel rat touch you? Show me on this stay puff marshmallow man doll.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn, dude, where did the tunnel rat touch you? Show me on this stay puff marshmallow man doll.
Awww, how cute Boutik sent his boyfriend to come defend him. I'm deeply touched, no not in the inappropriate way you are clearly fixated on you perv, but right in my heart.
Closed Thread