Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just answered this same idiotic claim. Learn how to read. Value of one person is irrelevant. 'Generally' only considers the majority. Basic English reading comprehension, get you some.
Do you even play this game? Serious question. No guild would have you so you're probably in some vanity guild with a bunch of other mouth breathers and wall lickers, meandering around level 30 after 7 years.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

I just wanted to know the general consensus on it, thanks everyone. Didn't mean to instigate a war on the subject.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:57 PM
Banned

Given enough time, all threads here devolve to RnF. Kind of like Godwin's law, minus the Hitler part. Although I guess Hitler still comes up pretty often
Old 06-11-2019, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just wanted to know the general consensus on it, thanks everyone. Didn't mean to instigate a war on the subject.
Yeah, it's odd how it turned out. People had views that were either valid, wrong, or just plain strange. Points were offered up, and then as usual when people are faced with either logic or common sense, reaching for name calling as a means to refute what's being claimed is the go-to. I guess I'll add to that sentiment by stating way too many people are under the influence of drugs in this game.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:18 PM
Fire Giant

it's because it's trying to put common sense down to words.

for the most part, we all now the so-many-times it is super okay to loot some rotting FS and nobody cares or quite the opposite and they'd probably be happy someone enjoys the 5pp instead of the item rotting if someone would ask them. These situations are easy to spot; random corpse alone, dude is killing far away and clearly not looting anything, above level for the zone, etc. many hints lead us to understand it's okay.

But if you try to draw a line, people will try to get near the line.
Don't draw a line.
Common sense should be enough.
You got what you asked for [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-11-2019, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's because it's trying to put common sense down to words.

for the most part, we all now the so-many-times it is super okay to loot some rotting FS and nobody cares or quite the opposite and they'd probably be happy someone enjoys the 5pp instead of the item rotting if someone would ask them. These situations are easy to spot; random corpse alone, dude is killing far away and clearly not looting anything, above level for the zone, etc. many hints lead us to understand it's okay.

But if you try to draw a line, people will try to get near the line.
Don't draw a line.
Common sense should be enough.
You got what you asked for [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think if the players of this server had a common definition of "common sense", we wouldn't even need rules or GMs in the first place.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

Why doesn't DMN go test whatever he believes to be true in front of a GM and report the results to us back here?

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 06-11-2019, 06:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think if the players of this server had a common definition of "common sense", we wouldn't even need rules or GMs in the first place.
It's pve, if there were no GMs or riules common sense would be to ninja loot everything because there are no repercussions.

Obviously that's not quite right, you might get a bad reputation and effectively be penalized, but the rules and GM enforcement decide what is common sense and what isn't.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

This rule is such a waste of time.

You should be allowed to loot any corpse that is unlocked.

That being said, I have no intention of getting banned over fine steel.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:13 PM
Kobold

As long as it's tradeable I would say anything should be free to loot if you aren't grouped with the party that killed it. I mean there's little excuse to not loot something before the corpse unlocks. I've been in scenarios where it's happened.. say duoing in LCY when hands trains 20 mobs on us and we have to kill them all. It happens, but super rarely and what are the odds anything meaningful drops. As for no drop stuff there is viable reasons for not instantly looting it so it should be protected by this rule.

I mean in general you could just say "don't be an asshole" but most of the players seem to be of a certain mindset. The kind of people who see some news propaganda and vocally agree with it even though they are alone in a room. It's not that I'm an advocate for ninja looting, it's just where I'm from ninjas don't sit on their hands for 2 minutes doing nothing. Just feels like a pointless rule that feels more necessary because of people acting like pricks.

But rules are rules.. you aren't supposed to loot anything you didn't kill/win. I agree with that, but we've all been in situations where the slayer wasn't around and we snagged some free loot, likewise people have taken our loot too. In the end no one really cares 'cuz no one is leaving anything worthwhile around.
Closed Thread