Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 10:19 AM
Banned

Default Project 1999 Code - Long Term Goals of Project 1999

Is there anyone that actually has access to Nilbog/Rogean? I know Rogean's stance was always keeping P1999's work private and not sharing but has this view been confirmed recently? It would be great for the emulator community if it was released. I understand the Devs wanting to finish what they set out to do but I would say they are reaching that goal soon with Velious being out for a year.

Does anyone have access to Nilbog/Rogean that could get an idea of their thoughts on the future of Blue/Red, releasing the code, or a confirmation that they plan on just leaving these servers as they are forever?

I would play on another server with P1999 coding but ideally I would like it to be run by this team since I have more trust in them from seeing how they have run this project.

Additionally - is there a way to legally compensate the team without infringing on any laws. Is it possible to require some type of payment as long as it is set up as a non-profit organization and the funds just go to fund the maintenance? If they could charge at least a one time fee of $5-$10 per account to help keep their expenses down that would be great.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:30 AM
Aviak

The server has a population of 1000+ consistently because it doesn't have anything that comes close to the experience it provides. Releasing the source and database would hurt that, so you won't see that released until the server has died, which isn't even close to happening.

I'm sure some people have access to Roegan and Nilbog, but you should ask yourself why you want to contact them. If you want to badger them on what their future plans are then you've probably found the reason that you have trouble contacting them.

They can't legally accept payment except for hardware and hosting donations from what I understand. They both have real jobs and probably families, and they have been running this for the last 5 years or something. I wouldn't doubt that over the years their interest has ebbed and flowed.

Nilbog's goal was to recreate the glory times of EQ as he sees it. If his goal is accomplished he might be done. He doesn't owe anyone anything, and he has no obligation to release any of the source or database ever.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Your funny if you think they are going to release the source code.

Future plans is custom content as it has been said so many times.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 06-03-2016, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your funny if you think they are going to release the source code.

Future plans is custom content as it has been said so many times.
Custom content in 2030. The only people still playing here then will be Erati and Daldean.

Please don't ban me
Last edited by Uuruk; 06-03-2016 at 11:44 AM..
Old 06-03-2016, 11:53 AM
Banned

cats on the moon, modified AAs, nerf bard kiting, enforce ROTATIONS, FRONTAL STUN IMMUNITAAGHAGGHHH
Old 06-03-2016, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Custom content in 2030. The only people still playing here then will be Erati and Daldean.
Sounds pretty accurate - me and Dald have a large laundry list of shit we need to do and never any time to do it
Old 06-03-2016, 12:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Please don't ban me
Think its 2nd time im reporting you so better watch out now
Old 06-03-2016, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think its 2nd time im reporting you so better watch out now
Well at least when I get banned from these forums I don't go to one of the Reddit pages and trash talk all the staff here.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well at least when I get banned from these forums I don't go to one of the Reddit pages and trash talk all the staff here.
woosh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Developer

What went on with the whole takp/p2002 situation with code, only reinforced the need to stay closed source. Don't expect p99 to go open source.

I know they plan to open another server, that starts over. And will probably stick to a real timeline of patches.

I have seen no work on additional content. I looks like they are following timeline up to luclin release. But no luclin.

I actually play some now myself. I also wanted the same quality and experience that p99 offered. Stuck in Velious forever? Can't pay me enough.

Cats on the moon? I can deal with that.

H