Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 05:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Women are all whores. It's best just to make money if you're looking for women. The minute you have a halfway decent job, all sudden women appear out of the woodwork. Like you just popped into existence.

Keep in mind that there are all kinds of whores out there. Cheap whores, expensive whores, evil whores, whores with a heart of gold...

So its up to you to sort out what kind of whore you're going to get and detect the many tricky whores that try to fool you with cheap talk.

Now some might argue: there are ways to appeal to women without taking advantage of their whoreish nature. That's true...but if you have to ask about "how to get women" thats beyond anything you are going to accomplish anyway. Best just to think of them as whores. Because they are.
are you on r/incels?
Old 07-11-2019, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are you on r/incels?
is incel a real thing or is it just kind of a joke within the incel community and there are but a handful of people that actually subscribe to it
Old 07-27-2019, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  • PvP Balance Adjustments - our PvP is better-tuned across the board with individual features to help PvP
Do you have a full list of specifics somewhere? Somehow I doubt you've properly balanced the insane damage that melee classes do in later eras. Aren't you in Velious (or is it even Luclin now? Gross) and still have caster damage sitting at 66%?
Old 08-05-2019, 04:41 PM
Aviak

If you’re relying on training and calling it PvP, congrats, you’re playing blue.

Except you’re also 3 boxing so it’s even lower.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have a full list of specifics somewhere? Somehow I doubt you've properly balanced the insane damage that melee classes do in later eras. Aren't you in Velious (or is it even Luclin now? Gross) and still have caster damage sitting at 66%?
We tune things like spell/melee damage/mitigation per era. We are currently in Luclin (a severely caster dominant era) and still working on balancing that somewhat, but you can read about a lot of our features on our website - www.riseofzek.com

R99 has custom code that further increases melee damage beyond normal - the damage disparity on a primal melee on r99 is way more than it should be. We're actually talking about partially implementing some of these features (like dex vs agi calculations in determining damage and maybe hitrate) to give melee a small boost in an era in which casters are so incredibly powerful.

You will not find a more attentive and responsive dev team anywhere in eqemu pvp.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:23 AM
Planar Protector

That's somewhat encouraging, but Luclin era is not.

The EQ combat system should be re-worked altogether. Movement is one of the most important things in a PvP game and it's something that the spell/resist system of EQ has extremely poor interplay with. Those spells are either totally broken if someone is lacking resists, or entirely useless if someone has high resists. Spells should always land and instead have (significantly) decreased duration/damage depending on resist value, and spells should have independently balanced recharge times so that extremely crucial abilities like root/snare can't be spammed non-stop (by a single player). There's many other issues too.

If you ever reboot the server in an earlier era and are interested in improving the game mechanics from the ground up, let me know. I can help with that. I'm not so interested in the same old EQ.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

If you tune resists properly per era, root spam etc shouldn't be an issue - I've just never seen a box that is tuned properly in classic. On our box we think the debuff meta game that includes buff management makes for interesting and skilled game play.

What you speak of in terms of spells always landing against scrubs and never landing against beardgods is exactly what we are working on in balancing luclin. The curve needs to be scrunched such that (non-lure) spells always have a fair chance to land against people no matter how high their resists are, spells always have at least an existent chance to resist for all but the lowest of resists, and decreasing the amount of godlike status imbued by being ultra-geared. I want to scale down the effectiveness of the gear gap in each era, with each successive era requiring further adjustment.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On our box we think the debuff meta game that includes buff management makes for interesting and skilled game play.
Eh, that's not interesting gameplay to me. I dislike long-term buffs and clickies in general. Interesting gameplay is needing to time skills in order to create kill windows or maximize pressure/defense at a given point.

Quote:
The curve needs to be scrunched such that (non-lure) spells always have a fair chance to land against people no matter how high their resists are, spells always have at least an existent chance to resist for all but the lowest of resists, and decreasing the amount of godlike status imbued by being ultra-geared. I want to scale down the effectiveness of the gear gap in each era, with each successive era requiring further adjustment.
The idea of resists as they exist in EQ just creates a luck dependent game. A spell should always have the exact same effect on a target, depending on their resist value. That way the player knows what their capability is and approximately what they need to do to win a fight, or how they can reliably contribute to a fight.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh, that's not interesting gameplay to me. I dislike long-term buffs and clickies in general. Interesting gameplay is needing to time skills in order to create kill windows or maximize pressure/defense at a given point.

The idea of resists as they exist in EQ just creates a luck dependent game. A spell should always have the exact same effect on a target, depending on their resist value. That way the player knows what their capability is and approximately what they need to do to win a fight, or how they can reliably contribute to a fight.
Sounds like you wanna play wow or 1 of any 19 other mmos who's primary game mechanic is cool down management. Allowing you to mathematically calculate exactly what should happen in a given encounter is not very EverQuest either. What do you like about ever quest?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:41 PM
Banned

Jeremy alive me hope?
Closed Thread