Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 10:55 AM
Kobold

Bard or druid is your #1 best choices for small random play windows. Either can log on and get some xp done in 30ish min without too much trouble.
Bard only really needs investment into instruments and ac.
Druids can practically play naked granted quading gets annoying if you have a sub average mana pool.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The same will apply to bard. You can spend 30 mins soloing very effectively either charm or AE kite (One 25-min ae kite session will be like grouping for a whole day).

When you need a group, bards are great utility class and get groups easily.

I would say that without MAJOR time investment, youll get more out of bards (since shammies need like 200k in spells / gear and level 60 to be considered a real 'shaman')
This is true. At 60 shaman are brutal expensive to spell up. Bards are much less gear or spell dependent, and they can solo well. If bard is what the OP picked, that is a very solid choice.

I don't agree with the people saying Druid is a good choice, but then again that's because I think druids are the most superfluous class in EQ.
Last edited by Halfcell; 07-02-2019 at 06:59 PM..
Old 07-03-2019, 09:33 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't agree with the people saying Druid is a good choice, but then again that's because I think druids are the most superfluous class in EQ.
Druids are pretty much the roaches of P99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-06-2019, 01:37 PM
Large Bat

I have limited experience with the game, but I have found it difficult to solo as a cleric. In Kurn's Tower fighting undead, it takes forever to recover between pulls. Your undead nuke is great, but what's the point if it takes 5 minutes until you can pull again? Grouping is so much better. I wouldn't recommend cleric if soloing is on the agenda.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:38 AM
Large Rat

Are bards just everywhere? Or is this just a low level problem? I'm still low level. I made it to 16 over the weekend and am having a lot of fun so far. I'm just afraid of drowning in an overcrowded pool of bards for groups later on.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsanthos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are bards just everywhere? Or is this just a low level problem? I'm still low level. I made it to 16 over the weekend and am having a lot of fun so far. I'm just afraid of drowning in an overcrowded pool of bards for groups later on.
Nah, the surprising thing about this server is that if you play a NA prime times there will be plenty of people at almost any level to group with. If there is another bard somewhere just go to one of the other good leveling zones, or go solo while you wait for a spot in the group you want.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:04 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsanthos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you start looking for a group at US prime time, it's not going to matter much what class you play. If a zone / group is full, your going to be waiting or soloing.

I think a lot of people are excited for the green server, just so it lowers blues population some.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:07 AM
Banned

Just turn on LFG and go solo. If you get a tell, great! If not, you've made far more xp aoe kiting than you would have sitting in a busy zone in /ooc "XX Bard LFG"

If you're super bored of the swarm solo game....can always do a /who LFG +/- 3 or 4 levels of your own and build a group yourself.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Just started out over the weekend also. Played back when EQ was first released and forgot how brutal the grind was....

---Trebull
Closed Thread