Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Xblade... the machine that never slept! I heard rumors that you sold your account for like 2k $.... that true?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djanis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sullon came out after the prime time of Rallos had come and gone.
Certainly.

The concentrate that was Rallos that had been thoroughly diluted before Sullon popped up in 2001. By that time, that players, guilds and feuds that had funneled together into Rallos from UO, M59 and wherever else had already dispersed to TZ/VZ, left for AC, turned blue or sat anticipating DAoC.

That was the great thing about Rallos in the spring/summer of '99, the group of players it forcibly brought together. It was playing in a league where every third player was a past or future hall of famer.

Without those players what did you have?

A decent standalone PvE work with PVP tacked on as an afterthough that became a game about grinding between raids with PVP as a complete orphan.

Sullon was actually the ultimate confirmation of that fact. A physical manifestation of the admission that PVP was broken, they weren't going to fix it and they were fed up with hearing about it.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:36 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by baglund [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All this RZ nostalgia(sp?) almost made my stomach hurt! God I really miss the days.

But I can't understand how the guild Peace of Formosa have'nt come up yet? Korean guys who was masters of stirring shit up, training zones and whatnot. After a lot of drama the lead-gm disbanded them and they reformed under the name Peacebreakers. I think every major guild was at war with them at some point of the RZ history up to atleast velious.

Everquest pvp was in no way balanced or fair but I am the first to admit that no other pvp in any MMO has ever been so much fun. I myself played lots of different characters but always fell back to PKing atleast during the "fun era of EQ" (pre-luclin).

Hidden Power was imho the coolest guild, remember them popping into OS and killing everyone then just disappear. Reefman, Kaukaz and Daxx only three I remember on top of my mind.

Anyone remember Singood? One of the earliest PK's I can remember, always ran around invis in SK then rooted people who were kiting. One of my friends have broken atleast two keyboards because of him [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ah well, good fun to read these posts, last two hours of the workday it dropped my productivity down to about 10%!
This is Daxx, I was never in Hidden Power, I just hung out with most of their members :P Ya we did love to goto OS and kill everyone there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] good times, good times!
Old 10-30-2011, 03:55 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulLeech [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well damn, I just wrote a book here and lost it.

Anyway, love the nostalgia in this thread. Haven't thought about EQ years until a random web search brought me here.

I love the hate/misunderstanding that RZ always gets.

Playing on the early days of RZ is hands-down the most enthralling, frustrating and fun experiences I've ever had gaming. Either you were there or weren't, you understand it or you don't.

A few quick RZ memories in no particular order:

* Covetous Crew, The Begotten, Sinister, The Regulators, Hidden Power.
* RZ dominating the original Test of Tactics so thoroughly that the rest of EQ might as well have walked away from their keyboards.
* Reefman beasting his way to Rogue BotB finals against players with far better gear.
* Ice comet one-shotting naked Shaman like Ennart and Aakor before the 60% spell-damage reduction.
* Vilar seeming like he'd be the first 50 in EQ before just disappearing.
* People who had the balls to PvP in their best gear.
* Disarm dropping weapons on the ground before it was changed to dump it to inventory.
* Knowing virtually everyone on the server by name and affiliation.
* Being able to fight for and hold territory.
* Killing people for inspecting your equipment.
Haha Coveteous Crew! that brings me back they used to have original Jboots in Najena on lockdown they wouldn't let rest of server get any for the longest time
Last edited by Bashm Guud; 10-30-2011 at 03:58 AM..
Old 11-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Banned

All RZ'rs please report to r99 on Friday evening.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then swiftly check out on Saturday afternoon due to the clusterfuck and drama that will ensue.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
noob yu never even played on RZ so stfu...
Old 11-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then swiftly check out on Saturday afternoon due to the clusterfuck and drama that will ensue.
server drama = cheap entertainment imo
Old 12-22-2011, 07:09 AM
Large Bat

Default ..

Just pop in to Hail the legends of Rallos Zek .

I myselves was not much into PVP , but in the end thinking of the mixed joy and frustration i have to say i enjoyed all my days played on RZ , i am sure 100 of them was just spent running naked looking for my corpse =).

Guild names like Ascending Dawn ,MiM, Ordo Malleus, Wudan, Begotten , Femme Fatale, Peace of Formosa , Peacebreakers and for a short time Gan Hosi , East Power , Darkenbane, House of X'zzt , Fearful Symmetri , Order of the Black Rose , Covenant of the Wolf , Iron Crown , Heroes of Bifrost , Flower of Happines and many more both friendly and "unfriendly guilds".

But best of all i remember all the fun i had with my friends in and out of own guild Seekers of Divinity .

Ainienu Trainbringer
Seekers Of Divinity
Rallos Zek - Rogue
Last edited by Ainienu; 12-22-2011 at 07:11 AM..
Old 12-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Banned

Dark Carnival? Blood Coven? Darksteel's Dreadknights?
Closed Thread