Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
Fire Giant

I don’t typically respond to trolls, but for any one that is actually interested, anything obtainable through PvP merchant is cosmetics and quality of life. Check out our website and join our Discord. Now is a good time to start with Kunark releasing next month.
Old 02-19-2024, 08:12 PM
Aviak

I Heartily Endorse This Event Or Product. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New episode featuring Darksinga and Gangsta soon.
Old 02-20-2024, 09:34 PM
Sarnak

race change for cash = pay to win
Old 02-20-2024, 11:18 PM
Banned

cant be much worse than the shithole that is red99
Old 02-21-2024, 08:01 AM
Aviak

Full interview with Gangsta and Dorian here:

https://richardsonsrubicon.com/escap...-of-thule-pvp/
Old 02-21-2024, 09:20 AM
Aviak

Lol, Darksinga, I mean. Doh.
Old 02-21-2024, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

Pleasant episode and Darksinga and Gangsta come off well. hard to trust a server that opens with offering GM intervention or perks in exchange for $ though. After all the endless nonsense this community has seen with RMT and nepotism from CSR, seems like a bold strategy for what i would assume is a nominal return.
Old 02-21-2024, 04:08 PM
Fire Giant

I'm not sure what you mean by GM intervention or perks. Everything that you donate for, can be achieved by PvPing in game. The truth is, servers cost money. We each have full time jobs. This is not our full time gig, and it never will be. But, we will gladly host a permanent server for the PvP community with the help of the PvP community. At no point in time are you required to donate. Take a look at our website for more details. We hope to see you in Norrath!

Also, a huge shoutout to John for taking the time to speak with us. He was an A+ individual and deserves all the success in the world! Mahalo!
Old 02-21-2024, 08:02 PM
Sarnak

Server costs are easily covered for a season via donations that didn't have an item return. Hell we all paid for the garage box, that was a small community that paid for a $3k server. P99 runs on donations.

I'm not accusing you of any nefarious things but it's a slippery slope. It seems to me that opening the door for money transactions is opening Pandora's box. There are tons of people in this community who will slip into your DMs trying to pay you for legacy items on the downlow and what not. It's how these boxes always fall apart.

Renly unbanned Goatassin who used modified game files after a little flirtation and shirtless pics.

Amelinda. Derubael.

Opening the door by saying $10 for race change out of the gate is wild. Especially if your race change doesn't reset your starting stats so you are able to be an Ogre stat Gnome.

Either way, best of luck. Crazy to think you were like 10 years old when we were pvping and you were in Dark Defiant Warriors. Didnt realize the Bonaduce's were so young.
Old 02-21-2024, 08:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server costs are easily covered for a season via donations that didn't have an item return. Hell we all paid for the garage box, that was a small community that paid for a $3k server. P99 runs on donations.

I'm not accusing you of any nefarious things but it's a slippery slope. It seems to me that opening the door for money transactions is opening Pandora's box. There are tons of people in this community who will slip into your DMs trying to pay you for legacy items on the downlow and what not. It's how these boxes always fall apart.

Renly unbanned Goatassin who used modified game files after a little flirtation and shirtless pics.

Amelinda. Derubael.

Opening the door by saying $10 for race change out of the gate is wild. Especially if your race change doesn't reset your starting stats so you are able to be an Ogre stat Gnome.

Either way, best of luck. Crazy to think you were like 10 years old when we were pvping and you were in Dark Defiant Warriors. Didnt realize the Bonaduce's were so young.
Who were you on VZ? Good times!

You bring up valid points, however, I’d argue that by openly giving rewards for donating (once again points can be acquired from PvP,) it would have the opposite effect. It’s not some “behind the doors” thing. This server is really meant for the 30+ dad who doesn’t have a ton of time anymore. It’s the same approach that TLP uses with XP potions and has been successful thus far.

Now if there were things you could only acquire via donating and not PvP, then sure, that’s dumb. But that’s not the case here. If you are concerned about the race change, you can farm the necessary points within a few days from just regular PvP. Donating really benefits the casual player.

That one VZTZ that 3k was donated I believe that server disappeared. I rather not take large sums but instead share costs on a monthly basis.