Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Arbitrary number. The TS one is correct though.

You said there was a set % chance that was low for all spells to stick. I chose to represent that with 5%. I've never heard of that (any set % chance) referenced anywhere. And that shouldn't be the case until a bug report with evidence proves it classic.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:09 PM
Banned

Oh? Mez could never break early?

K

I remember screaming terror lasting various durations on mobs (usually very short) from necros.

And here's something along the lines of why I thought that:

Quote:
Screaming Terror is now an all or nothing save. This should stop the
‘train’ problems that it was causing.

More on "I noticed mezzes are breaking early"

Found this in there too:
Quote:
- Pets with less than 20 hit points cannot receive hit point buffs.
Didn't someone heroism their cleric hammer during cleric botb?
Last edited by Nirgon; 06-27-2014 at 12:29 PM..
Old 06-27-2014, 12:39 PM
Sarnak

Paralyzing earth had a very slim chance of breaking in classic on dark blue mobs. I would sick for hours in Skyfire and root/rot mobs on my necro instead of fear kiting because root was much for mana efficient / effective than fear kiting due to resists. It break randomly / more often on even con and up mob though or certain named that were dark blue but seemed more MR. As far as this patch goes it looks like resists were set at a certain level for all /con mobs regardless of level, trash, or named.

"Living my life 6 seconds at a time." - Unknown
Old 06-27-2014, 12:41 PM
Banned

Solo'ing mobs in seb on a wizard was way too easy here before. Still haven't had a chance to try it now. Every single root I casted pre-patch landed full duration, no problem. Trying to do this on live during this era was actually pretty risky even with epic.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh? Mez could never break early?

K

I remember screaming terror lasting various durations on mobs (usually very short) from necros.

And here's something along the lines of why I thought that:

More on "I noticed mezzes are breaking early"

Found this in there too:

Didn't someone heroism their cleric hammer during cleric botb?
Nah Mez never broke early, but the timing on the ticks could reduce duration by a few seconds. Screaming terror was particularly affected in that regard because it was such a short duration.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never heard of a resist chance fail set at 5% for all mobs.
Eh I have.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Site you're looking at sounds like it probably has issues, Nirg. Cleric pet has more than 20 hp. Screaming terror has never behaved exactly like enchanter or bard mezzes. Someone randomly commenting that mezzes are breaking early, especially in the context of a short-duration mez like mesmerize or screaming terror, might just not have known about server-side ticks.

Saying that your 60 wiz never had a root break early on here means you were fighting a level 45 mob, just 1 level away from green. Before this patch, a level 50 would break on its own without damage without an MR debuff; you would also get initial resists. Start trying to root 52s or 53s as a 60 without tash AND malo and it will hardly hold for a few ticks if you're lucky and will have a lot of up-front resists ... about what a level 30 would experience if he were trying to root an un-debuffed mob that's level 26.

Aren't you supposed to be a champion of classic and research, not one of these "I THINK I MAYBE REMEMBER A MINOR DETAIL OF A GAME I PLAYED 15 YEARS AGO SO CHANGE IT PLOX!" people? The former probably wouldn't be mucking up a thread about admittedly unintentional changes and greens resisting lifetaps with off-topic and mostly-unsubstantiated claims.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-27-2014 at 02:47 PM..
Old 06-27-2014, 02:55 PM
Banned

I'm adding my "I remember this" to a thread instead of starting a new one saying "change this".

I see where you comin' from, but I'm truly just adding my 2cp into some bug threads.

When I really want something changed that hasn't been acknowledged, I make a thread about it.... probably bump it a lot too.

One thing is for sure, I took a wizard with epic at 60 and stomped my way all the way down to bridge area in seb here.

There is basically no way I woulda done that on live and I did solo in seb occasionally on live on my wizard. A fair amount of the time, I'd have to gate from a single mob. Here? Lol mash rend robe np was the case.

I'm not just trying to make shit harder here, although I do enjoy a challenge 8).
Old 06-27-2014, 03:32 PM
Developer

Seb was hard at 60.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seb was hard at 60.
What kind of situation were you in doing seb at 60 15ish years ago, Haynar?

I'm trying to get at my (usual) argument that ALL of EQ was relatively more challenging for almost everyone (if not everyone everyone) back in the day than it is for the same players now. Even if you guys perfectly recreated resists and aggro ranges and AC mechanics and every other mechanic of the game, we still have people playing with fancy UIs and GTT and a decade+ of knowledge (and training, if you will) regarding how to get stuff done in EQ and the "every rogue an epic rogue" movement and such nowadays and stable, high-speed internet connections and etc etc etc.

How many people back in the day used clickies to refresh gems, out of all the players playing at the end of Kunark? How many people had the time to spend to learn how to solo or duo or trio most of the content in the game instead of just rolling in with a full group ... or joining a group that was already there since everything was always camped on those 3k primetime servers? How many rogues thought they were building a ninjatank who would avoid tons of attacks because they put 25 in agility at creation? OF COURSE seb was hard back then.

Even on p99 today, you'll see a solo enchanter die at NG, or entire groups trying to CR themselves after they somehow wiped back at chef. And the biggest zergs a p99 guild can throw down into myconid tunnels or tola/prot area can still get into trouble pretty easily.

I'm not trying to say that everything was correct before, just like Nirgon isn't trying to effect change based just on a couple memories. Just seems like tuning difficulty ... well I guess it's just another classic mechanics vs. classic experience thing. If you want to get closer to a classic experience then you will need to make resist rates and NPC damage and shit harsher than they were on live to make up for the perks players have fighting the environment today. Or if you want closer to classic mechanics, you need to be ok with players doing stuff day-in day-out on p99 that was basically unheard of on live. /shrug
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-27-2014 at 03:48 PM..
Closed Thread