Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 07:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regarding the Hole key. Only one person needs to have it in the party. The rock swings open and everyone can swim in.
I'm going to get it on my future Ranger too, as there's an Epic-related drop in The Hole for Rangers as well. I won't be sacking Heretic faction on my Ranger like I did on my Pally by killing Elial Brook (a necessary evil to max out Deepwater Knights faction), so the grind shouldn't be as bad.

Dubious now.
Old 06-11-2020, 07:34 AM
Planar Protector

Most of the time you can find a keyed person or rogue to let you in, and the hole is far more popular now than ever before.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:18 AM
Kobold

You can turn in the molars doing the same invis trick to get the faction moving a little faster (if you haven't been already).
Old 06-11-2020, 11:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is 100 enough to pick the door into The Hole? Bards would be an option too then?

I will grind this out though, one way or another. Just incase I have to go into the Hole alone and hunt that Keeper at level 60.
100 skill is not enough to pick the door to the Hole.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Pick_Lock
Old 06-12-2020, 09:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many kills will it take? Do the Kobolds really only give 1 point per kill?
I got my key on my Wood Elf ranger (who started at scowling but I hadn't otherwise gotten any negative faction hits) at level 19-21ish and it took me aboit 40 hours of playtime. I was mostly in there solo, but there were a couple of hours where I got to join a group murdering most of the zone for faction.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

YES! The long-awaited breakthrough!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-12-2020, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
YES! The long-awaited breakthrough!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Congratulations!

If you're on Mac or Linux I could give you the command to count how many faction hits (in your log file) it took, if you're curious. On Windows I'm sure there's a way too, I just don't know the command line command off the top of my head (you might just be able to open it in a text editor, do CTRL+F for Find, and then have that tell you).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-12-2020, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

It’s all about drop xfering food/drink. You can sell in HK with one vendor or bank if kos.
Old 06-13-2020, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

This place is a little more camped than I was expecting, but I guess I can't be surprised. Nearly 10pp a Guard, there's serious bank to be made here.
Old 06-14-2020, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

Jeez, this place is incredible for a Paladin. Afk-friendly mobs, all undead, so Ghoulbane and my nukes are absolutely shredding them. I've hit a small lull in the leveling speed because the only two mobs still on the low end of blue to me are the ones before the first gate, but the one inside the Shadowknight guild is yellow and the one at the entrance is white, so it's still too strong for me. But maybe with one more level (24 at the moment) I can start camping that one instead.

Then, looking deeper into the map, there's a bunch of whites and yellows just through the second gate, in the two rooms flanking it.And north of that is a room with four red guards spaced out relatively well (only have to fight 2 at a time), with four greens on the other side, all with bronze swords and shields. I may be able to get into my 40's just hunting in this zone alone, and I've been here since 19. And I might have enough coin saved up for a Book of Scale by then.

This was well worth the faction grind.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 06-14-2020 at 01:30 AM..
Closed Thread