Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 10-26-2022, 03:47 PM
Large Rat

Default Starting here, very confused... Questions

Hi all. I'm a FFXI veteran trying EQ1 for the first time. I decidded to play here instead of official servers due to it being hardcore and group oriented.

I installed the game and can play it, but the experience is horrible so far. Let me address the problems:

1) Game doesn't recognize my Geforce 940MX on my Laptop.

2) No matter which resolution i choose its always a small window with gamma so bright I cant see properly whats going on.

3) Resolution itself looks horrible compared to what I've seen in youtube videos...

4) About WinEQ2. I downloaded it and installed but its requesting me to registed and login before using. Is that correct?

5) Assuming everything before is corrected, is there a guide for me to use WinEQ2 and make the game look as beautiful as I've seen on Youtube about P99?

Thank You and hope this is the right place to ask these questions.
Old 10-29-2022, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Check the tech forum - many of your issues are common topics there. Try sticking the dgvoodoo2 dlls in your eq folder to start - that should let it recognize your 940 (I have a 980m and similar results). Also, skip wineq2 if you don't need it. If the game isn't stable, then give it a shot. However, based on the age of your system I suspect a vanilla install with dgvoodoo2 (don't install under program files!) and with eqgame.exe set to win xp sp2 (or sp3) compatibility and you should be fine. If not, hit up https://wiki.project1999.com/Tech_Support for some common suggestions or, failing that, check the tech forum here.

Good luck!

-Mcoy
Old 10-29-2022, 10:15 AM
Large Rat

Ty very much, it fixed the vga problem.

Btw, what do I get by leveling up since I dont get more stats?

Where can I find necromancer spells? I wanted to start summoning skeletons.

Is there a housing system where I can dump all my stuff?
Last edited by Spectreman2022; 10-29-2022 at 10:33 AM..
Old 10-29-2022, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectreman2022 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No housing system unfortunately. There are banks in some cities to store your stuff. Coins will eventually weigh you down here so banks become pretty crucial, as they will also convert your coins to platinum

Necro spells are sold by necro guild within cities. There is no in-game map feature (these older games are meant to be harder/less convenient than modern MMO’s) so you will have to check the p99 wikki for city layouts to find the necro guild of your city

The only way to improve stats is gear, but levels are much greater than gear in terms of power for casters. Spells do a set amount of effects/damage, so higher level spells deal more damage and have better effects

In general the best advice when it comes to improving character power is to focus on levels first and foremost, gear after/later

When you do eventually get a skeleton pet, a little semi-secret trick is until level 20ish you can almost double your pet’s dps by giving it a 2handed weapon (any type works but it must be 2handed). Keep any rusty 2handers you find to give to your pets and watch them wreck stuff. They will be taking 50% of your exp but they will be killing so fast it won’t matter much, you will still get levels fairly quick using this trick
Old 10-29-2022, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Tips for beginners:
• use /tell Nameofcharacter to send a private message
• use the R button to initiate a reply to someone who has send you a /tell
https://wiki.project1999.com/ has tons of info and is a great resource
• Many questions have already been asked and answered on these forums, so you can learn a lot by searching.

• Before too long, Gustoo and magnetaress will post in this thread and promote Red server. The Red server has unfortunately mostly died, but there are a few people who play there. Oddly, Gustoo and magnetaress do not, but they will still promote it here on the forums. I recommend taking what they say with a grain of salt.
Old 10-29-2022, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

Check out these guides:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Newbie_Guide

https://wiki.project1999.com/Sesserd...Strategy_Guide
Old 10-29-2022, 09:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
• Before too long, Gustoo and magnetaress will post in this thread and promote Red server. The Red server has unfortunately mostly died, but there are a few people who play there. Oddly, Gustoo and magnetaress do not, but they will still promote it here on the forums. I recommend taking what they say with a grain of salt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GrandioseYellowHarborporpoise-size_restricted.jpg (19.9 KB, 1 views)
Old 10-29-2022, 11:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectreman2022 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-30-2022, 12:49 PM
Large Rat

Ty all for your help.
Old 10-31-2022, 12:21 AM
Fire Giant

Exclamation

Quote:

Just started reading, so dont know if anyone asked, but your first and last resource for the game should be the P99 official wiki here:

https://wiki.project1999.com/

For necro spells look here:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Necromancer

Then on every spell you can click within the wiki and see which specific NPC and in which area they are sold.

A necro can summon skeletons since level 1 : https://wiki.project1999.com/Cavorting_Bones

Every few levels you will get the ability to mem and cast higher level spells, which includes even more powerful pets.

But again, the wiki is crucial, for a rough estimate on prices of things, where to find certain spells, which quests to do and even which zones and mobs to kill efficiently as a necromancer.
----------------------------------
[center]