Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 11-01-2023, 03:23 PM
Kobold

Default Just returned after 6 years

Hello all
I just found an old notebook with my login server info. Thought I'd lost it when I quit playing about 6 years ago. Seems Green is a lot more popular than Blue, but I just have some low level toons on Green. All my 45-60 toons are here. Is Blue dying?
Busher 51 Elven Ranger
Clewless Gamer 52 Gnome Magician
Cleaveage 36 Ogre Warrior
Azwuping 25 Human Monk
Vietgnom 30 Gnome Necromancer
Johnsun 20 High Elf Cleric
Swishwins 3 Gnome Enchanter (RED)
Old 11-01-2023, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's 'dying' but I'm sure it's quite a bit different than you remember.

Basically the servers top heavy so leveling new characters can be rough but generally if you stick to the popular leveling paths, or send people tells around your level, you can still find folks. With you having most of your characters 45+ I don't think you'll have too much trouble.

Most would suggest finding a guild and thats a good idea if you wanna raid and such but I've flown without a guild for 10ish years and have had tons of fun and adventures even without one.

I should mention to you that Project Quarm just launched like a month back if you're looking for a fresh start or a higher populated server.

Regardless welcome back!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 11-01-2023 at 03:30 PM..
Old 11-02-2023, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

You'll be fine w/ your chars on Blue. You have an enchanter to farm plat with and 45-60 theres still plenty of people leveling.
Old 11-02-2023, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Blue is fine. Plenty of grouping opportunities at most level ranges assuming you stick to the vanilla bean zones that constitute the xp highway (unrest - mistmoore- CoM - KC). If you get in a guild that is somewhat active or have/find some buddies you can build your own groups for elsewhere.

But yeah, it’s really too heavy with population spikes with earthquakes and raid mobs in window. Most of the time you’re otherwise going to be surrounded by the alts of high level folks.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 11-05-2023, 07:28 AM
Sarnak

yeah i guess the class C and class R system you might remember from before you left was shut down because it wasn't classic even though it saw at least a dozen successful raid guilds regularly engaging the server. and now it's just 1 mega guild raid logging the majority of the content via quakes. and then you got 2-3 small raid guilds/forces fighter over scraps and some old vets like yourself just wandering around farming.

we're in the end game of speculation now. quarm is a dumpster fire i wouldn't waste time there unless you like hardcore game modes where youre toon can be wiped at a moments notice. keep an eye on eq lantern and say a prayer that rogean doesn't turn the lights off in the meantime.
Old 11-06-2023, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valakut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah i guess the class C and class R system you might remember from before you left was shut down because it wasn't classic even though it saw at least a dozen successful raid guilds regularly engaging the server. and now it's just 1 mega guild raid logging the majority of the content via quakes. and then you got 2-3 small raid guilds/forces fighter over scraps and some old vets like yourself just wandering around farming.

we're in the end game of speculation now. quarm is a dumpster fire i wouldn't waste time there unless you like hardcore game modes where youre toon can be wiped at a moments notice. keep an eye on eq lantern and say a prayer that rogean doesn't turn the lights off in the meantime.
The R "rotation" tier was basically taken over by two mega casual guilds bent on recruiting more than half the server, then locking out smaller guilds from content. I guess if you were in one of those long lines for pixels you would have got there eventually [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-07-2023, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valakut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Idk, Kittens seems to be contesting a lot more natural spawns lately. They also have snagged Doze on quakes and a number of other non-ToV targets. They're def not on Riot's level and there are def some mobs that Riot just has on permanent lockdown (like Zlandi for instance), but seems a lot more competitive than it has been lately.
Old 11-08-2023, 03:36 PM
Aviak

Blue died when Green launched. Anyone clinging to even Green at this point for anything other then nostalgia for Everquest needs more RL problems. Either server is going to be fun if you have nostalgia and can enjoy it with others. Outside of that, until a fresh server comes, it is honestly very Stagnant on p99 unless you self induce FOMO or drink that particular delusional Kool-Aid lol
Elijamonk - 59.5 Monk
Wardru - 60 Druid
Old 11-08-2023, 03:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah850 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue died when Green launched. Anyone clinging to even Green at this point for anything other then nostalgia for Everquest needs more RL problems. Either server is going to be fun if you have nostalgia and can enjoy it with others. Outside of that, until a fresh server comes, it is honestly very Stagnant on p99 unless you self induce FOMO or drink that particular delusional Kool-Aid lol
and No, I'm not playing Quarm. I love p99 and will be here when it reboots! =)
Elijamonk - 59.5 Monk
Wardru - 60 Druid
Old 11-08-2023, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah850 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue died when we woke the sleeper, long before green. hope that helps