Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Proposed Rotation for any mob.

TMO, FE, BDA, Div, Taken, FC, FV

You have 15 minutes (or longer, can be tweaked depending on target) to engage from spawn or it falls to the next person in the rotation (or FTE, whatever)

This means that TMO and FE would still get the lionshare of targets since any mob that doesn't spawn during prime time would be most likely skipped by the smaller guilds but it still provides an opportunity for those same guilds to get an attempt in whereas before they'd just get steamrolled/leapfrogged.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalgrunt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm in touch with FE atm, who gave a rather encouraging answer. But no answer yet from TMO. Hoping to hear from them still.
I know that there are internal discussions regarding some things like this, but being that TMO primarily democratic in its views, we have to give our members a chance to discuss and be heard in their own thoughts.

Final officer decisions are made based on majority opinion rather than edict in about 95% of how we do things.

I suggest pinging Zeelot directly, either in game or with a PM on forums, or even coming over to our website and pinging him through there. I don't know that he's aware of this posting, or if a finalized consensus has been reached in guild yet though. If I see him online today, i'll make sure to bring it up to him.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Proposed Rotation for any mob.

TMO, FE, BDA, Div, Taken, FC, FV

You have 15 minutes (or longer, can be tweaked depending on target) to engage from spawn or it falls to the next person in the rotation (or FTE, whatever)

This means that TMO and FE would still get the lionshare of targets since any mob that doesn't spawn during prime time would be most likely skipped by the smaller guilds but it still provides an opportunity for those same guilds to get an attempt in whereas before they'd just get steamrolled/leapfrogged.
I still think the idea of leaving a window of time for non priority targets is the easiest solution. Leave it to the other guilds to figure out how they want to go about rotating/competing. For example, non priority targets such as tal/gore/fay/nag/vox/air etc for the week of april 1st or something like that if TMO/FE agreed both would stay away from those kills and it would be up to bda/div/taken/europa/a-team etc to work out who is going for what or all of them just go ffa on them.

Edit: not sure if that was a serious list or not but a-team, europa, and i'm sure there are more would want to be included. Talking about having a rotation list with close to 10 parties isn't going to make anyone's raiding experience any better IMO.
Last edited by maverixdamighty; 03-18-2013 at 10:49 AM..
Old 03-18-2013, 10:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenarieFenninRo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know that there are internal discussions regarding some things like this, but being that TMO primarily democratic in its views, we have to give our members a chance to discuss and be heard in their own thoughts.

Final officer decisions are made based on majority opinion rather than edict in about 95% of how we do things.

I suggest pinging Zeelot directly, either in game or with a PM on forums, or even coming over to our website and pinging him through there. I don't know that he's aware of this posting, or if a finalized consensus has been reached in guild yet though. If I see him online today, i'll make sure to bring it up to him.
Yep I've contacted them in PM. And indeed, there is no rush. Just giving an update of what's going on. I don't expect any decision coming in the next few hours. But I asked what were their respective opinions and concerns regarding such request to begin with, so as to give it the most chances of success. Most (if not all) cards are in their hands, I've made it clear this can and will be tuned to reach the best concensus.
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Last edited by finalgrunt; 03-18-2013 at 10:52 AM..
Old 03-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverixdamighty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still think the idea of leaving a window of time for non priority targets is the easiest solution. Leave it to the other guilds to figure out how they want to go about rotating/competing. For example, non priority targets such as tal/gore/fay/nag/vox/air etc for the week of april 1st or something like that if TMO/FE agreed both would stay away from those kills and it would be up to bda/div/taken/europa/a-team etc to work out who is going for what or all of them just go ffa on them.
If TMO and FE want to make a sincere effort they need to include some real targets in there. TMO needs to relinquish TrainCity and they both need to give up some CTs, Dojos, VS's, etc etc otherwise this comes off as disingenuous - here take these scraps. Any guild on this server can kill CT, the fact that you have to compete with trains and purposeful DT cycles makes it ridiculous, that's why other guilds stay away from it.

Again this is all moot until TMO plays ball.
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

I wasn't trying to slight A-Team or Europa, I was only listing guilds that I've seen compete for high end raid targets.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If TMO and FE want to make a sincere effort they need to include some real targets in there. TMO needs to relinquish TrainCity and they both need to give up some CTs, Dojos, VS's, etc etc otherwise this comes off as disingenuous - here take these scraps. Any guild on this server can kill CT, the fact that you have to compete with trains and purposeful DT cycles makes it ridiculous, that's why other guilds stay away from it.

so now you are mandating what has to be shared? FE has 2 CT kills under our belt and you think we should start rotating it now? Like I said I'm not the decision maker but I'd say no way. Again you are lumping TMO/FE in the same boat when one is a new guild and the other has been farming the mobs in question pretty much uncontested for a year. Think you need to scale back if you want any chance of coming to an agreement.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any level of effort short of doing exactly what TMO and FE does is not likely to get you any mobs.
this. the Full Circle/Innoruuk situation sorta proves it.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:

That's what I would like to see too. But I'd rather see this start with scraps than nothing in the end. Let's not forget it would be a favor coming from them, we're not really in position to make the calls around here. And once they see that this doesn't change anything for them as I expect to be (they get to do what they do the rest of the time, i.e pretty much all the time), they might add some other targets to the pool as a proof of good will (and even 2nd league can be entertaining to read about/watch).

At the moment, you should consider CT & VS as priority targets for the top guilds, and thus excluded from the current request as we speak.
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Last edited by finalgrunt; 03-18-2013 at 11:08 AM..
Old 03-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Aviak

Quote:
If TMO and FE want to make a sincere effort they need to include some real targets in there. TMO needs to relinquish TrainCity. Again this is all moot until TMO plays ball.
I am taking your meaning of TrainCity to be VP... and being that we're talking about the guilds who have been getting no targets here, I don't know why this would happen unless they had sufficient raid force with VP keys.

I'm not saying no here, i'm simply stating that I dont see why this would be done. At the moment FE is making strides toward joining us in VP... trains and all... which will make that zone all the much more fun, but I would say for a minimum amount of success in VP you need at LEAST 20-25 raiders... NOT for just the targets, but anti-training etc. Can it be done with less, sure..

So by saying that TMO would have to give that up, you're effectively forcing a rotation on the top two guilds over the one zone that we would still be competing in, because... why?
Closed Thread