Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

The only thing I can think of as far as mobs being up and no one going for them is Gorenaire, she was up for nearly a week not too long ago and no one killed her..well until tmo/fe finished trak/vs or whatever they were more concerned with

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 03-17-2013, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

well it comes to TMO on starting with noble and crew

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 03-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
only issue with vox and naggy is the lvl 52 cap, we dont all have geared alts to farm dragons. Not to say it isnt a good start but might be hard for some guilds simply because they dont have that many lvl 52 alts
Yeah, most of my guild's raid force, including myself, do not have a character that is at the right level for Vox or Nagafen. Most of us are too high for Vox and Nagafen, and as a casual raiding guild, it isn't feasible for 80% of us to have characters leveled to 52 just for these mobs, especially when we probably wouldn't get them anyway (not including a rotation).
Last edited by zanderklocke; 03-17-2013 at 03:13 PM..
Old 03-17-2013, 03:12 PM
Kobold

It's obvious that the server as a whole would benefit from a full fledged rotation. I think that the way raid content is currently monopolized is insane! This is a game after all. A rotation monitored by a gm similar to something done with fippy on live would be best.

Thoughts?
Old 03-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Banned

in classic, there were a ton of PUG raids for vox / naggy once with 52 cap came into being. It was a community builder.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Default Dear Finalgrunt

Dear Finalgrunt

I'm an old time player, and I'm assuming you are too. You can go look at old FoH forums and Quellious forums, if you can find them, and yup, there I am, Sadre the enchanter.

I just wanted to say, your post made me sad. I'm not even gonna go into eq-speak and start using technical language like "spawn windows," /random, "lock out," duels, or anything else that *could* be used to make things more lively and so much less -- sigh, how to put it? -- predictably how every mmo game dies and becomes boring as fuck.

But your post made me sad. Because these sorts of negotiations *do* go on, just not in p99 apparently. Guild alliances, gang-ups in order to overthrow top guilds, ll kinds of things happened in live.

But not here, not now, and not in the foreseeable mudflated future..

Yours is such a modest request.

And it is sad, isn;t it? Classic eq is about as close as we have ever gotten to a sandbox online game, imho. The possibilities of competition are really up to us.

And all our geniuses can come up with is the usual batphone, spam keys until spawn, FTE wins.

Classic often *avoided* this outcome. On my server, quellious, people got bored and broke top guilds up, rather than live like this. And that was when expansions came faster!

Anyway, Divinity just got a thumbs up from me, if it matters. But I hope you don;t get what you want. Because it still sucks. A zerg guild with batphones and loot council is basically the worst guild structure eq produced. I will argue that IN THE ARENA FUCKER. lol. Couldn;t resist. old Sadre got out.

But that worst possible guild structure and method owns p99. Until someone realizes, there are ways to play in a persistent world that does not involve making the order of things persistent. We can change the world.

Everyone now, grab your juiceboxes and sing with me, "We can CHAA_AAAANGE the WOOOO OOOOOOOORLD.

wave one...
Old 03-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
something on lines of with X time of mob spawning guild cant leave up for longer then X/h or goes to next on list ect

Guild 1 | Guild 2 | Open to (guild 3-X) | FTE | FTE ~~~
Guild 1 | Guild 2 | Guild 3 | Open to (guild 4-X) | FTE | FTE ~~

something like this would be alright

G1/G2 | top 2 guilds

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 03-17-2013, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

These types of threads, and the raid scene on P1999 in general, consistently illustrate why newer online role-playing games tend to use substantial amounts of instancing. Monopolization of content doesn't happen in such environments and the only people who care are the unhappy few who judge their self-worth based on what other folks do or don't have. That's not a solution for P1999 of course; it's outside the scope of this server. Come to think of it, variance is also outside the stated scope of this server so I guess it's just as applicable.

The 'socking that happens here sort of benefits me in a roundabout way. I don't much care about raiding, so 100 people sitting on Sathir's spawn point is 100 people who aren't camping the stuff the wife and I want to do.

Danth
Old 03-17-2013, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The 'socking that happens here sort of benefits me in a roundabout way. I don't much care about raiding, so 100 people sitting on Sathir's spawn point is 100 people who aren't camping the stuff the wife and I want to do.

Danth
But you do have to ask, is this good gaming? because what you are saying is, the end game content is dominated by zerg guilds who spam keys for hours to get FTE, which then leaves vast expanses of the game open for you to explore with a friend, in this case your wife.

That sounds like a heat death of the gameworld: the end game, the allegedly "for serious gamers only" game, is really just getting in a loot line in a zerg key spamming loot council guild, and then, those who are just putzing around for old times sake on lesser stuff.

If someone presented that as *an actual design for a game* they would be drummed out of the business.

Granted, it may work for you and your wife, but it is still not healthy. It is the least imaginative solution to what to do with the high end eq sandbox, which gives you a server to get nostalgic on once or twice a week.

So it has settled: those who get into the ZKPLC guild, and the ultra casual.

Without a solid mid-game that can potentially cause havoc with the high end, all you got is an autopilot server. Weird OCD types running guilds that just endlessly farm all spawns, and give out the candy by officer vote fiat. Weird trip, man, weird trip.

Reminds me of Darkoor and Vis Maior on quellious. And we all know what happened to him

edit: google darkoor mistell
Last edited by Sadre Spinegnawer; 03-17-2013 at 05:34 PM..
Old 03-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/6198/darkoor.gif