Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Banned

Vianna you have no idea how trivial some of the kills are, you generalize what happens and use it as a fact. Some may be a zerg, but we've killed a dragon in VP with 20.

I along with the help of many others hard work and determination got FC their first dragon/god/VS(tho tainted) , did anyone give FC that shit? fuck no, did FC apps blow up yes? did you come back after the we got vs hmm? so you want to raid but dont want to put the hours in, well thats where tracking / batphone comes into play. I love FC but dont play the oh we casual card and want mobs, i had that planned out but you wanted no part of an FE alliance.

Since then i've seen 1 guild, i repeat 1 guild step up to trakanon, Chest led BDA into jug lair during trak window and i think they wiped cause a pet aggro'd to many jugs, i truly wished they killed him, Now thats another way, may not always work out but never know, Chest is a great guy, loves his guild and has been there in my eyes thru thick n thin and I applaud him and BDA for stepping up to trak. I had many talks with him about how to make the server better, it came down to TMO, i think all other guilds on board to show some chivalry, not much.. but some.. i'm partial to FC, some are partial to Div, some are partial to BDA... the list can go on, but at this point only Div/BDA i've seen out tracking and killing while mobs in window.

Not trying to insult Vianna in any way, i'm painting a picture on my personal PoV so others can ellaborate on what i've said....

SIRKEN said, GM's will not enforce shit, but if the guilds decided he wont say no either.....

Now hear me out, as ive come from leading planes raids with Ramblin in FC , to socking mobs and winning.. to joining FE and making getting trak my personal vendetta. I see no easy way for an outcome of rotations to happen, mobs like Inny/CT/Trak/VS/Sev/Fay will always be highly contested. Now saying that, I know Div and i'm sure bda is ready for some greenscale and some pods. So they are showing up more frequently at Sev. Showing they want it, so in my eyes, those guilds might earn a rotation if one if ever agree'd upon. So if youre wanting mobs put some bodies in the zone, camp out, track for now. Nothing will change. but lets say i'm tracking sev, rest of TMO/fe are in VP hashing it out over PD... which will happen. And sev pops, think we will log our alts to kill sev? I think very unlikely. Now would I send chest / ramblin / stac a tell saying hey this shits up hurry get here? Very likely. I speak on behalf of myself this is by no means is everyone in FE's pov.

In conclusion, inter guild relations are key, even if its just a hi and bye type relationship. I for one try to be as uplifting and thoughtful for anyone I run across. I suggest you do the same, talk in tells amongst members even if not officers, maybe someday something will happen when a mob is up and through the grape vine a guild hears and mobilizes, thatll only happen if the connection there is on good terms. I'd personally like to see FV/BDA/FC/Div get some epics. I know what it feels like to not see the dragon i wanted. I'm all for the underdog and if anyone has anything to add feel free to pm me/post here/ or send Merkk a tell ingame. I try to hear everyone out=-)
Old 03-27-2013, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverixdamighty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yup and because of that we get the mobs. having rotations caters to those who don't want to invest any time yet want all the same rewards as those who do invest the time.

at your job do you get promoted just because you show up or because you put forth the extra effort?
Look Mav (and Merkk who is basically saying the same thing), I am sympathetic to your argument here. You (and FE/TMO) put in the time - and it's not just time, its time doing retarded stuff like tracking - that the rest of us don't particularly want to.

Where your argument falls apart though is the fact that variance is not classic. And that's why contrary to Sirken's claim that the devs are looking out for everyone, in practice they are catering exclusively to the top tier guilds which are currently TMO/FE.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Last edited by Splorf22; 03-27-2013 at 03:23 PM..
Old 03-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look Mav, I am sympathetic to your argument here. You (and FE/TMO) put in the time - and it's not just time, its time doing retarded stuff like tracking - that the rest of us don't particularly want to.

Where your argument falls apart though is the fact that variance is not classic. And that's why it's FE/TMO that are being catered to right now, and not the casual guilds.
you think we asked for variance? I'd much prefer just knowing when the mobs died and fte competing instead of having to track. that's the part you keep ignoring. So what happens when there are server repops? All the excuses people are bringing up here go out the window. At the end of those days TMO/FE get every single raid mob of note minus 1-2?
Old 03-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look Mav (and Merkk who is basically saying the same thing), I am sympathetic to your argument here. You (and FE/TMO) put in the time - and it's not just time, its time doing retarded stuff like tracking - that the rest of us don't particularly want to.

Where your argument falls apart though is the fact that variance is not classic. And that's why contrary to Sirken's claim that the devs are looking out for everyone, in practice they are catering exclusively to the top tier guilds which are currently TMO/FE.
You argue variance, but man it'd be even worse then, for example dojo, drusella, tranix... Once more than 1 or 2 guilds get timer. It'd just be a sock and FTE battle which is plain stupid, but i understand not wanting to track. its boring. but thats where each member pulls their weight then tracking becomes easier.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverixdamighty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you think we asked for variance? I'd much prefer just knowing when the mobs died and fte competing instead of having to track. that's the part you keep ignoring. So what happens when there are server repops? All the excuses people are bringing up here go out the window. At the end of those days TMO/FE get every single raid mob of note minus 1-2?
You totally missed my point here. You have said on this thread that rotations benefit the 'lazy' who don't want to 'put in the time' to get raid mobs. My point is that this time is an artificial non-classic addition that was put in by the gms.

Also, just pointing this out, but if variance was removed FE would get 1/2 of the mobs they get now at most. There would be 250 people on the spawn for every raid mob. That's why I don't think purely removing variance will work; it has to be combined with simultaneous repops. And yes, if a reset were to happen now TMO/FE would get everything. But if they were a regular occurrence? No way. You are kidding yourself if you don't think the rest of the server knows how to buy resist gear and zerg down bosses. We just aren't interested in doing it at 3AM or pushing the track button.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 03-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
You totally missed my point here. You have said on this thread that rotations benefit the 'lazy' who don't want to 'put in the time' to get raid mobs. My point is that this time is an artificial non-classic addition that was put in by the gms.

Also, just pointing this out, but if variance was removed FE would get 1/2 of the mobs they get now at most. There would be 250 people on the spawn for every raid mob. That's why I don't think purely removing variance will work; it has to be combined with simultaneous repops. And yes, if a reset were to happen now TMO/FE would get everything. But if they were a regular occurrence? No way. You are kidding yourself if you don't think the rest of the server knows how to buy resist gear and zerg down bosses. We just aren't interested in doing it at 3AM or pushing the track button.
I totally understand

Whats the middle ground between non variance / variance, a server repop. Once every 2 months? i think that reasonable, but you'd still need a batphone in place to tell everyone in your guild server repop happening.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

combine restful nights with a roll of duck tape and you too can conquer norrath
Old 03-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Banned

Forgot time machine mr irons, but thanks for the constructive post.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:

agree to disagree. I said "enforced rotations" are for the lazy who don't want to put the time in. I'd have np rotating certain targets with guilds that I think have shown an effort to go after targets.

i think over the course of time we'd lose some mobs but at first we'd have a distinct advantage in fte battles as we've already been doing them. Also on server repops I bet you even after they happened for a while that TMO/FE would get the vast majority of mobs we wanted. There is more to eq than buying resist gear and zerging down targets but since you attend all of FE's raids obviously know we zerg down everything I'll let you keep thinking that.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:43 PM
Banned

p.s. go back and look at the dojo wipe fraps when tmo took advantage of us trying to wing a FTE (that was a good move by them). There is more than just f8'ing for FTE. If you have a good raid leader/guild that can make the call that the opposing force is going to wipe you just let them do so and then get the mob uncontested afterwards.
Closed Thread