Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-31-2015, 09:24 PM
Banned

Default Lord Vyemm's stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have proof that Vyemm's max hit was 1100 in classic, please post it in the bug forum. The research I have (which could be wrong) shows a DB 200 DI 50 (250 to 1200) which I will be setting him to.
not entirely sure why he's quadding for 1250; most info i can find suggests that he only triples, with claims of max hits lower than 1200

no in-era posts about him:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6565

2003:
Quote:
His max melee on me was 1187, and unslowed he can and will triple.
2002:
Quote:
be triples for 1100 or so
2002:
Quote:
Lord V Quads for up to 1100

this website claims his max hit is 1190
http://www.silentredemption.org/mobinfo.cgi?mid=40

above website also claims his max HP is 200,000; our melee parses have been suggesting he has vastly more than that

an attempt on him the other night i recall showed 78,000 melee damage done during a 90 second fight, and the lowest his HP hit was 92% before the tank seemed to bug into a wall and drop all aggro

the allakhazam post above has these posts regarding his hp:

2008:
Quote:
380,000 hp, at 1248 dps, so just under five minutes to kill.
2002:
Quote:
has 400k hp or so
2002:
Quote:
And he has about 250k max HP with pretty fast regen.
obviously i have no way of actually quantifying what his max hp and regen are currently set to, but at least one of the two seems insanely high

tl;dr shit ain't classic
Old 08-31-2015, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

8/21/2001

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/show...ighlight=vyemm

Quote:
Vyemm is the most difficult one, though it needs some brains to figure out and I'm sure it'll be a lot less fun when it's well posted where are the best places to fight it etc. Still, quad 1190 is nothing to scoff at and your agro control better be good, since him turning around a lot is something you do NOT want to see
Don't think it's his max hit/quad/triple or whatever that is an issue. I think he just hits too damn fast.

11/11/2001

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/show...ighlight=vyemm

Quote:
Lord Vyemm really was a letdown from all we had seen about him being the hardest fight in ToV. Basicly just found a place where there was a ledge clerics/caster could hide behind and pulled him to the other side of it. Used a 5 cleric CH rotation with 3 necros feeding us.
here it's 12 or get fucked in the face

read that thread, people talk about using divine light spam to kill him

wat
Old 08-31-2015, 10:02 PM
Banned

yeah we've found that 10 is the absolute bare minimum (assuming everyone is 100% on point) otherwise you literally cannot heal fast enough, although trying it without 12 is almost assuredly going to fail
Old 08-31-2015, 10:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you're quoting this site as a reference which basically refutes your entire post about mob drop rates. Which one is it, Colgate? do the mobs hit too hard or do they need to drop more loot.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducktv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you're quoting this site as a reference which basically refutes your entire post about mob drop rates. Which one is it, Colgate? do the mobs hit too hard or do they need to drop more loot.
did you even read that post? i said they're dropping exactly 2 items seemingly too often because the first week of mobs we killed, a vast majority of them dropped only 2 items, even those who are supposed to be able to drop up to 5(which we still haven't seen a month in)
Old 08-31-2015, 11:18 PM
Developer

Lord Vyemm is supposed to be the hardest dragon in ToV. He was a classic **** block to the extent that many classic guilds exploited so they could skip him and kill Vulak without killing Vyemm.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:36 PM
Fire Giant

No one is saying he shouldnt be the hardest. I think that there is evidence that might possibly show that the dmg he puts out and the hps he has isnt what it was during live. Can still be the hardest mob if hes at what he was during live?
Old 09-01-2015, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

He was plenty hard/ definitely the dicey-est fight we had in the first week despite us one shotting him.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alunova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lord Vyemm is supposed to be the hardest dragon in ToV. He was a classic **** block to the extent that many classic guilds exploited so they could skip him and kill Vulak without killing Vyemm.
vyemm would still be the hardest dragon in ToV if he tripled for 1100-1200 instead of quadding for 1250 with super retarded attack speed and hp/regen

you guys seem to have a problem with people raiding with "massive" numbers, yet tuning raid mobs like this just perpetuates the issue

when my 70 man raid can't kill vyemm because he's insanely overtuned, my only option is to recruit dozens of more people
Last edited by Colgate; 09-01-2015 at 12:25 AM..
Old 09-01-2015, 12:42 AM
Banned

So how about those luclin drakes? Those guys getting removed or nah?