Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 09:35 PM
Banned

LOL TROLL’D
Old 12-17-2017, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Politicians like Roy Moore? I mean, I guess you could say it's a question of the magnitude of appreciation, but potato potatoe; either way it's clear the guy had no appreciation for the true "wrongness" of slavery:
Did he win? Oh no? Does he represent anyone you’ll ever have a conversation with? No? So why do you act like this is a “teachable” philosophy if it’s like .01% of the population? Maybe wake up to the world around you instead of the fantasy one the media wants you to think is reality.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's hard to tell sarcasm in text in general, and on an internet forum where people are seriously discussing a topic it's even harder. Use a /s or smiley or something [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Then again, one could argue it's my bad for even trying to have a serious discussion on an elf sim forum, so ... I guess neither of us are blameless.
My best is to have a laugh the entire time you debate anything or you will be unfun to be around. This is a problem for liberals because liberals think “discussing” things is “actually doing something”
Last edited by mickmoranis; 12-17-2017 at 01:08 PM..
Old 12-17-2017, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did he win? Oh no? Does he represent anyone you’ll ever have a conversation with? No? So why do you act like this is a “teachable” philosophy if it’s like .01% of the population? Maybe wake up to the world around you instead of the fantasy one the media wants you to think is reality.
He wasn't much of a loser. Few thousand votes is all...
Old 12-17-2017, 01:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
those votes were not for his views on slavery they were for his affiliation with the church.

Again you live in a childish fantasy world likely because you were raised primarily by television, watching things like star wars.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a problem for liberals because liberals think “discussing” things is “actually doing something”
Is there some other way to change people's minds besides discussion? Besides creating discussion-provoking art (because I'm no artist/novel writer/movie director)?

Quote:
those votes were not for his views on slavery they were for his affiliation with the church.
They chose to vote for him in spite of or because of his views on slavery (or his views on appropriate dating age differences, or his views on ...). Either way that says something.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-17-2017 at 01:52 PM..
Old 12-17-2017, 01:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Is there some other way to change people's minds besides discussion? Besides creating discussion-provoking art (because I'm no artist/novel writer/movie director)?

They chose to vote for him in spite of or because of his views on slavery (and the like 500 other objectionable views he holds). Either way that says something.
1. Yes don’t be a baby, don’t make assumptions about people.
2. Nope wrong, you’re projecting your opinions about your assumptions about other people onto other people. You already fucked up step 1. Work on it.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
1. Yes don’t be a baby, don’t make assumptions about people.
2. Nope wrong, you’re projecting your opinions about your assumptions about other people onto other people. You already fucked up step 1. Work on it.
Dude, it's a fact: Moore said crazy shit, it was made public, and the people of his state almost elected him anyway. There is literally no assumption in that sentence, just fact (well, I guess "crazy shit" is subjective, but by current American political standards some of the stuff he said was objectively crazy).

Also what does not making assumptions about people have to do with changing minds through discussion? You're losing the thread of the conversation again: my point was that discussion changes minds. Changing minds is the only way to change society (how did we go from homosexuals being freaks to being almost accepted in a few decades without discussion and mind-changing?)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with this, just pointing out we might care more about the Middle East and Africa having zero progress and overpopulating the planet (guaranteeing conflict) as more important issues than whether people celebrate Columbus Day
Oh come on you can't give a better argument than that? Coward.

Epidemic of Ignorance: The Difficult Struggle Against AIDS in Africa
http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-485715.html
How Belief in Magic Spreads HIV in Africa:
https://www.livescience.com/28118-ho...in-africa.html
Why is AIDS Worse in Africa?:
http://discovermagazine.com/2004/feb...orse-in-africa
Quote:
Unlike many African countries, where government AIDS programs have been desultory, the Botswanan government is at war against the virus. Anti-AIDS banners are everywhere, and news about the epidemic appears daily in newspapers and on the radio and TV. Free condoms are available in remote clinics, bars, and shops. Botswana’s was the first African government to offer free treatment with antiretroviral drugs. The government has also funded a Danish-run program that employs field-workers to bring the message of HIV prevention to every household.

Despite these efforts, the HIV epidemic in Botswana shows few signs of abating. Harvard anthropologist Edward Green, who also serves on the Bush administration’s Presidential Advisory Council for HIV and AIDS and is the author of Rethinking AIDS Prevention, believes he knows why. Like many government AIDS programs in Africa, Botswana’s has been heavily influenced by Western donors, who have spent billions of dollars promoting condoms but have placed little emphasis on advising people to have fewer sexual partners. Studies show that even when used consistently, condoms fail to prevent infection 10 percent of the time, due to breakage and human error. In any case, most people do not use condoms every time they have sex but only with prostitutes and casual partners. Many people use them early in a long-term relationship but then dispense with them later on as a gesture of trust. But these long-term relationships are the very ones that Morris believes are the most risky.
No I'm not support white people, merely pointing the arguments used are flaccid.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 12-17-2017 at 02:15 PM..
Old 12-17-2017, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a low turnout off year special election in Alabama

Doesn't mean much. Plus, slavery would be an improvement for about 50% of America. At least they wouldn't be obese!