Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 07-21-2023, 12:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor15 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like court stuff so volokh for court stuff. It's so sassy.

Haven't knowingly looked at the rest.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-21-2023, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Technology is a bitch. Half the modern university is effectively free now.

I had to be walking distance to a research university that was ideally open 24/7 to get my degree and get it fat with research. Nothing was digitized except the card catalogue. Which had just got fully replaced.

So put aside politics and maybe look at the world like a technological determinist does. The brick and mortar college is *mostly* doable remotely and tbh, if you are a self-starter, you can teach yourself a BA (not a BS) with some pennies-on-the-dollar tutoring for hard stuff.

Some people are trying to figure out how to save the brick and mortar Higher Ed infrastructure (all 50 states! It's vast!!) of this country via forgiveness, subsidies and whatnot. God bless them for trying!

Saving brick and mortar higher ed would be as dumb as trying to save brick and mortar Blockbuster stores. We ain't that rich!! The big schools will always dish out the status tickets, but the smart money can get a BA for maybe 5 grand? Thgat's even getting a few laid-off profs to baby-walk you through hard topic.

The Masters degree will remain as a valuable creditial in some fields. The doctorate absolutely*must* be saved.

But good luck running this bidness on the back of 20 somethings anymore lol.

Putting aside social reasons, if you can't teach yourself a basic B.A. course of study, you likely are not a college person anyway.
Old 07-21-2023, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyGolden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't you still know that there are people who help with homework? Go to this site paperwriter review and you will find good essay writers who will do everything for you for little money. You can forget about what homework is and just spend more time with your friends at the bar. It costs a lot of money.
I can get a few grand being a "dissertation mentor" for people who can't fucking do their dissertation. My brother actually tried to set me up with a company.

If you do not understand why I wanted to punch him the throat when he told me, I can't explain it to you.

Or maybe I can. Ever hear of the term stolen valor?

Apply that to academia.

But college is dead. I'd supervise and tutor a student through a BA course that I could piece together from solely online stuff and verify the results for 10k total. You get one "office hour" a day, MWF, and I grade your exams. BA. Have to get someone do the quantitative classes. I have no clue how numbers work.

The colleges KNOW this is what's coming btw. This is as predictable as ... the death of blockbuster.
Last edited by Sadre Spinegnawer; 07-21-2023 at 12:55 PM..
Old 07-23-2023, 10:21 PM
Orc

[IMG][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][/IMG]
Old 07-23-2023, 11:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChief [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[IMG][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][/IMG]
Ghoulie post