Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

Default New account for green transfer to blue?

Just asking.
Would it be better to start a new account to run green on so when the merger of green to blue, if it happens, there will be room for the green toons to fit on blue?
If you have account named "fartbreath" and have it full of characters on blue, then play green on that account, when the merger happens, where are the green toons gona go?
It doesn't have to be "fartbreath" it can be a different name but I wanted to use that just to get the kids riled up at my crudity.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:38 PM
Aviak

whats the password for account fartbreath?
Old 10-22-2019, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

What is happening?
Old 10-22-2019, 02:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Adesanya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whats the password for account fartbreath?
stinks
Old 10-22-2019, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

No one knows what will happen (not even the devs themselves yet, it seems). It's entirely possible Green characters won't even transfer at all.

However, one possible scenario (maybe the "worst case scenario" to you) is that they do transfer Green characters to Blue, and they do so directly onto Green accounts. Furthermore, they do so in a way where you have to delete some characters to access others (although there are reports that Titanium can support 9+ toons with scrolling).

IF you're worried about that worst case scenario, make your Green toons on another account. But in most scenarios your Green toons either won't transfer, or will transfer, but in a way that doesn't require deleting any characters ... and one would hope the devs will ultimtely choose one of those options.

P.S. Open offer to the staff: give me an API to list/move people's accounts/characters around, and I'll build you an entire "character management site", to let everyone move characters around between accounts! It would be incredibly unclassic I know, but wouldn't it be awesome?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-22-2019 at 02:56 PM..
Old 10-22-2019, 03:11 PM
Sarnak

well, obviously, the password would be: <drum roll> barrrrrrrak