Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2019, 09:07 PM
Planar Protector

Ultimately I think the challenge has to be a personal thing. Sure if you want to make forum post because you're the first _______ to kill __________, that's fun, and people might want to see your fraps. And maybe if the first person did it with Puppet Strings, and you didn't, that might be worth sharing too.

But does anyone honestly care if person #16 has fraps of himself killing Lodizal, or what buffs they had on, or how many potions they used to do so?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So really I think the details mostly aren't important, because the whole thing is a personal challenge. But ... people do want to communicate what they've accomplished, and "I soloed Lodizal" means something very different when you mean "with full raid buffs, puppet strings, a reaper, 18x wort potions, ..." vs. when you mean "self-buffed only, with no consumables".

So, I don't think anyone should be in the business of saying "your solo accomplishment doesn't count because I'm the judge and I decided so." I just think it'd be handy if we could have a consistent way of saying "I soloed X with Y conditions as a Z". That way if we have any kind of log in the wiki, or if I make "Achievement Templates" for people to add to their Magelo, or whatever, what exactly the person accomplished would be clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception
except for patently silly stuff like clerics soloing stuff
I have to say, I think EVERY class should be able to compete in the challenge. Cleric soloing is impressive, in it's own way: they just have a different scale from (say) Shaman.

And similarly, I think other conditions besides class could be taken to some interesting places. For instance, I'd be interested in seeing a whole new category of the challenge that takes "no consumables" a step further: the naked solo artist challenge!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-14-2019 at 09:10 PM..