View Poll Results: Which Server?
Green 34 48.57%
Teal 36 51.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 01:03 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have felt similarly to this perspective - a lot of ppl went to teal to do the high density zones and quest work w/ relative ease, so you'll not find unrest camp or manastone wide open on teal, for example

But if you're one of the soloists and experienced in what you can do, no doubt there's way more open on teal. That means there is a good slice for duo'ers and small groups too

My only gripe is EC on teal isn't as good as green. The economy is slower by long shot. It's harder to farm items and sell them on the fly. That's a big part of classic to me and it may impact your decision OP
My gameplay preferences run far more towards taking my time and exploring instead of trying to blitz through levels and farm plat. I'm not that experienced, but I'm playing an enchanter so can solo if I need to (aka learn by dying). However, my ideal situation would be duo-ing/small group play and my only concern with Teal was that it's not going to have enough population outside the popular areas to support that. Perhaps I'll just have to take the initiative somewhere like EC or Qeynos Hills to get some people together and then travel somewhere else.

Cheers for your feedback.
Old 11-14-2019, 12:10 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I like to group a lot with my Bard so the higher population on Green is what drew me.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsmitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My gameplay preferences run far more towards taking my time and exploring instead of trying to blitz through levels and farm plat. I'm not that experienced, but I'm playing an enchanter so can solo if I need to (aka learn by dying). However, my ideal situation would be duo-ing/small group play and my only concern with Teal was that it's not going to have enough population outside the popular areas to support that. Perhaps I'll just have to take the initiative somewhere like EC or Qeynos Hills to get some people together and then travel somewhere else.

Cheers for your feedback.
I play on Teal and it isn't just main high experience zones that are camped. Please note that this is just my experience so far. Also, I have no toons near the Qeynos area or on Odus.

With Crushbone and Unrest at such high density, people are grouped all over Faydwer. I headed over to Antonia at 12 because of lack of camps.
Faydwer:
  • All orc camps in GFay
  • Goblin/Bandit camps in BBM
  • Orc/Bandit camps in LFay
  • Kobold and Minotaur camps in Steamfont
  • Have seen groups in Cauldron as well.

Of course Befallen and Guk are camped to the extreme. However, I have witnessed groups everywhere.
Antonica
  • Dervs in NRo, SRo, Oasis, WC
  • Crocs in Oasis
  • Couple Groups at Orc Hwy
  • Both Gnolls and Orcs in Highpass
  • Orc Camps in EC, WC, SRo
  • Tons of people in Highkeep (I am not high enough to know exactly what groups are where)
  • Duos/Trios in EK
  • Duos/Trios in Gorge
  • Lavastorm
  • Najena

When classic areas are perfect for 700-800 people. You are going to have to go off the beaten path to find places uncamped when numbers are over 1000. As I am leveling, I see a lot less people soloing camps on Teal than I did on Green. I still see druids/bards/encs/necros/mages soloing in open areas but not so much at actual camps of mobs.

Please remember, this is just my experience so far. I generally only have time to play during primetime and on weekends. My highest character is currently a level 17 Druid and have leveled exclusively through grouping. I generally always play in a duo with my husband. We have had no problems obtaining groups.
Old 11-14-2019, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

I was in steamfont Tuesday and join a group killing mobs around windmills killing kobold, rat, wolf, skeleton so still some places but gfay was all taken and butcher was looking pretty crowded too. Didn't saw anybody in lfay probably because mobs are higher.
Old 11-14-2019, 03:23 PM
Orc

I found Innothule a little crowded on Green so I went to Teal. Have a little bit of the opposite problem since I don't tend to play on crowded times, but honestly it's better since it curbs my playing obsessively if all I have to do is solo snakes.
Old 11-14-2019, 03:53 PM
Fire Giant

I camped my 5 druid at orc hill about 9pm eastern last night in preparation for grouping this week, and I was the only one there. (Not entirely true, another druid was there, but she was afk.) All the orcs were unengaged. The 2-spawn just west of orc hill had one guy on it.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I camped my 5 druid at orc hill about 9pm eastern last night in preparation for grouping this week, and I was the only one there. (Not entirely true, another druid was there, but she was afk.) All the orcs were unengaged. The 2-spawn just west of orc hill had one guy on it.
This may be because most people have selected the toons they want to play and have moved on from newbie zones.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:09 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please remember, this is just my experience so far. I generally only have time to play during primetime and on weekends. My highest character is currently a level 17 Druid and have leveled exclusively through grouping. I generally always play in a duo with my husband. We have had no problems obtaining groups.
Thanks, this was really helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is surprising. Even with people leveling out of the newbie areas you'd figure Orc Hill would attracted any low level in the area who just rolled.
Closed Thread