Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 03:32 PM
Kobold

Default Convert platinum to gold

Is there any way to convert platinum back down to gold? I have a quest that requires 23 gold, and he won't take 2 plat and 3 gold. I know because he greedily took it with no reward, which is so unlike the generous dwarven people.

Anyway, is this possible?

Edit: Nevermind, you have to click the currency coin from one slot and click it to the other at the bank. I thought only the "Change" button did anything. You can delete this thread.
Last edited by Dacien; 03-28-2015 at 03:38 PM..
Old 03-28-2015, 03:33 PM
Fire Giant

go to the bank
Old 03-28-2015, 10:29 PM
Banned

I recommend FIRST CITIWIDE CHANGE BANK

"First CitiWide Bank specializes in providing customers with options. No matter the denomination, they can provide the exact change."
Old 03-29-2015, 02:49 AM
Planar Protector

greengrocer, im so glad that you play here....
Old 03-29-2015, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portasaurus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"First CitiWide Bank specializes in providing customers with options. No matter the denomination, they can provide the exact change."
It's all about options at Citiwide.

(edit: prior to kunark on live, south karana treants were a nice place to earn plat for their level, and were perma-camped, but they drop only lots of gold, which encumbers fast. It was also a competitive camp, so no "taking a break" to bank. You moved, you lose.

I was not high enough lvl for the treant grp, but I got an idea. I bound in HK bank, and would run to camp with all my plat on me. Then I would offer to change gold/silver/copper for plat, with, of course, a modest % fee added on (depending on how drunk the grp was and/or late it was, the fee could vary). I would then get way overburdened with gold, silver -- this was classic pre-kunark, everyone was broke -- gate back, visit Citiwide, and if I still couldn't find something to do, woulod go back in another few hours. Made some good plat doing that run on hyper-crowded weekends, when people would not dare leave their spot at treants.)
Last edited by Sadre Spinegnawer; 03-29-2015 at 11:13 AM..
Old 03-29-2015, 05:23 PM
Aviak

RMT is not allowed. Watch out, you'll get banned if you trade EQ plat for gold.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portasaurus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

lol
Old 03-30-2015, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, unfortunately bank is the only way to accomplish this. However, the opposite is readily accomplished via merchant transactions since EQ assumes you would prefer to send small coin first. For example, if you have 350gp weighing you down, you can purchase 4 peridots and then sell them back to the merchant. You lose around 5% on gems (and some, but not all, other items) depending on faction, but it sure beats traveling back to the bank ^^.
Closed Thread