Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 01:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reecon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do ppl keep thinking green being classic means the game will suddenly be hard, what made classic hard was the fact no one knew anything, they were discovering camps, gear, strategies to fight raid bosses, etc. We have 20 years of knowledge and 10 years of p99 to get us prepared for green, fun it will be, hard it will not be, as for me my highest character is 52 so i see no point in going over to green, ill probably make a character on green just to do it but ill mainly stick with blue..
No gear. No money. Long time before the system is flooded with either, forcing people to rely heavily on each other.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:28 AM
Fire Giant

The Blue server is just the EZ server with extra steps. Green is going to be like actually playing EQ again.

There is no comparison to be made between the two. Anyone who wants to play classic EverQuest should roll Green, people who want quick gear and easy peasy leveling should stay on blue.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Last edited by El-Hefe; 10-14-2019 at 01:32 AM..
Old 10-14-2019, 02:31 AM
Kobold

the question is, why WOULDNT you go to green? what exactly is the point on playing on a 10 year old server where most of populace is signed off waiting for a phonecall to raid once a week?

i get going back to blue for that raid, but 99% of your time should be spent on green if you actually care about the eq1 experience and are not just playing to get pieces of gear that wont matter anymore because progression is over
Old 10-14-2019, 02:43 AM
Sarnak

I tried the green beta today. I did the same on blue last week.
I made a gnome necro and fooled around in the noob area. I made enough coin to buy my lvl 1 skelly spell by the time I made lvl 2 both times. It was the same except NO PET window, no tab targeting. Sokay Still EQ.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuchang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried the green beta today. I did the same on blue last week.
I made a gnome necro and fooled around in the noob area. I made enough coin to buy my lvl 1 skelly spell by the time I made lvl 2 both times. It was the same except NO PET window, no tab targeting. Sokay Still EQ.
Neat.

You did nothing and learned nothing.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-14-2019, 03:31 AM
Planar Protector

maybe the fitzgerald twins will be back

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 10-14-2019, 05:23 AM
Kobold

keep hearing blah blah blah bout how eq is too hard , yall just haven't leveled in a while or leveled at all its all strat. and there's a wiki for that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] eq was hard in 1999 cause there was no information. till later allakhazam and eqtraders etc. with p1999wiki assume first 50 will be ez.. its all the other alts after that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] yes things are getting taken away to make the game harder but most players will over come these disadvantages .

unless they do like a negative exp mod for green the server will not be that hard. also rusty swords etc talk with in a week to month eco. will be nuts player made armor,quested armor, farmed stuff. people keep saying wont be twinks obviously never played a port class or class that can farm plats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] hill giant camp will be over ran day 3!
Old 10-14-2019, 05:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maybe the fitzgerald twins will be back
Tried to mention them recently and no one got it. glad someone remembers shenanigans.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-14-2019, 05:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamonju [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hill giant camp will be over ran day 3!
It's taken two days for full time neckbeards to get into the 30's on the beta server with 10x xp and boxing...
Old 10-14-2019, 05:38 AM
Fire Giant

Green will mostly be "hard" because most people start a new lv 1 on Blue and toss a literal full suit of armour on with +hp/ac stats.

With even cheap shit you can more than quadruple a lv 1 characters health im sure. Even with a suit of banded at lv 1 you can likely mitigate a massive amount of dmg.
Closed Thread