Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 05:03 PM
Sarnak

Default Blue idea: finish iksar epics

As an idea for Blue, in addition to any custom content it would be cool for the Kunark-intended quests to be finished. The last shackle, last cudgel, last pike, and last skullcap (I believe) were all seem intended for kunark like Greenmist was. Would be cool to see some classic content fixed on blue.
Last edited by Tilien; 10-29-2019 at 05:08 PM..
Old 10-29-2019, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

the iksar epic is SK,. greenmist

It made people cry so hard of liive that they made it all race.
Not a joke, the tears were real.

hell no I didnt read the op
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As an idea for Blue, in addition to any custom content it would be cool for the Kunark-intended quests to be finished. The last shackle, last cudgel, last pike, and last skullcap (I believe) were all seem intended for kunark like Greenmist was. Would be cool to see some classic content fixed on blue.
I think those quests and the 8th Shawl are very obvious custom content targets. But there's two things that might make them never happen.

First, the staff doesn't like redoing Verant's work: that's been their "homework" for ten years, and now a huge part of custom content is that they don't have to re-create anything: they get to just create.

So problem #1 is that everyone will expect the Verant version of those quests, but the staff will very much NOT want to make that version (and if they do make a custom one, everyone will complain that it's not Verant's version).

Then there's problem #2, which is that the staff undoubtedly has their own ideas of what they want to make, and it's very unlikely to be a few quests that everyone "knows the ending to" already.

Again, there's a lot to be said for custom endings to those quests ... just also a fair amount against.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-29-2019 at 05:19 PM..
Old 10-29-2019, 05:29 PM
Sarnak

Epics should have stayed class-based. Why add one racial epic in Greenmist? Dont even get me started on iksar wearing velious plate. H8 lizards
Old 10-29-2019, 06:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd love to see this. Also, unlocking halflings and gnomes to take up their hybrid classes of ranger, paladin, and shadowknight respectively would be something numerous players would love to see. Veksar, Jagged Pine, and numerous zones available in PoP & LDoN are just sitting there for use of non-instanced classic themed custom zones. There are scads of possibilities and I think some of them will be explored, probably just in time or slightly after Green has its legacy item drops ended.

Edit - as previously mentioned in a different post, having additional spells added as their own custom quest / semi Epic line would be amazing. Or possibly a world-wide quest effort to unlock a feature that was previously unavailable, such as DoT stacking, damage reports from those spells, or perhaps even custom AA's and the ability to start earning them? The devs could go nuts with how many ideas there are.
Last edited by NegaStoat; 10-29-2019 at 06:37 PM..
Old 10-29-2019, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah there are infinite post velious custom ideas.

I honestly loved the newbie quest lines that got added around pop time that added some cool worthwhile stuff for a newbie in the late game era to do.

What I like more than anything is revising old world dungeons to make them more relevant and harder. There were those events when juiced up lguk was dropping juiced up executioners axe and juiced up fbss and stuff. That was a lot of fun.

This is all a ways off. Probably get purple server first.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-29-2019, 09:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by San'Drax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Epics should have stayed class-based. Why add one racial epic in Greenmist? Dont even get me started on iksar wearing velious plate. H8 lizards
Lizards are like the 2nd best race in EQ
Old 10-29-2019, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the iksar epic is SK,. greenmist
The other Iksar classes had them, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San'Drax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Greenmist is Iksar SK only.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:46 AM
Sarnak

The fabled mob cycles were definitely fun stuff
Old 10-30-2019, 01:31 AM
Sarnak

I got Greenmist. It makes fellow p99ers cry to this day. Absurd weapon.

[Oracle] [Grave Lord] [Outrider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris View Post
You also don't have to play here if you don't like the rules. It's your choice <3
Closed Thread