Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

I am in the same boat as blue players that don't really have time to level another character to 60. Gustoo is probably going to be my first and last character to be level 60. He is actually level 59.

I see a lot of sick pixel hungry posts from blue people and it scares me in real life.

Just like with red, the horrible representation on the forums that blue has does not match its actual playerbase. I don't have anything against blue just the people that are trying to hedge against change by trying to make sure blue never merges with green.

Green has the most to lose by merging to blue.

TBH I really love this game, thats why I spend time here. I really think the game is better with PVP but I am pretty much an anti pk soft hearted softy. I just like the way it helps people relate to one another. There is danger and you don't go around being an asshole the way people on green and blue are assholes to eachother. There are consequences. It really just completes the hostile world environment. Once you are level 60 and only go to established camps you know how to run, the game is trivialized. PVP helps it not be trivialized and means your relationships keep making a difference. You can't solo farm for 24/7 while treating people like garbage.

PVP was like 1/10 the population of original EQ playerbase but is substantially more than ratio of population on this emulator. Its anyones guess how a new pvp server would do right now. Its a matter of wondering how many pvp players are not willing to play green right now, but would hope on for pink.

I think the original staff concept makes the most sense. Blue is the end game server that remains permanently end game. Once green progresses beyond velious for a time, it rolls into blue and a new time line server opens up. We're talking about 4 + years of real life time between these server launches, you won't need to be part of the next bum rush, but you can be.

GM events can become more regular on blue, to keep it mixed up. Other stuff.

I was thinking maybe red should be dumped to blue too, just to clean things up. Its a tough call.

The fact is that we are all EQ players and all are more alike than we are different. For me and some others, I wouldn't be here unless there was a pvp server and the promise of the pvp server.

Overall this staff has been incredibly excellent and has served this community incredibly well. We are lucky that this project began 10 years ago and has salvaged real everquest for those of us that love it.

Maybe one day someone will find some hard drive in some pile of hard drives that has original server side code for EQ and we can take this thing to the next level. Anything is possible.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 11-01-2019 at 12:48 PM..
Old 11-01-2019, 12:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacebar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anybody noticed that the majority of those commenting negatively ... and trying to wish it to fail are from Red?
FTFY
Old 11-01-2019, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am in the same boat as blue players that don't really have time to level another character to 60. Gustoo is probably going to be my first and last character to be level 60. He is actually level 59.

I see a lot of sick pixel hungry posts from blue people and it scares me in real life.

Just like with red, the horrible representation on the forums that blue has does not match its actual playerbase. I don't have anything against blue just the people that are trying to hedge against change by trying to make sure blue never merges with green.

Green has the most to lose by merging to blue.

TBH I really love this game, thats why I spend time here. I really think the game is better with PVP but I am pretty much an anti pk soft hearted softy. I just like the way it helps people relate to one another. There is danger and you don't go around being an asshole the way people on green and blue are assholes to eachother. There are consequences. It really just completes the hostile world environment. Once you are level 60 and only go to established camps you know how to run, the game is trivialized. PVP helps it not be trivialized and means your relationships keep making a difference. You can't solo farm for 24/7 while treating people like garbage.

PVP was like 1/10 the population of original EQ playerbase but is substantially more than ratio of population on this emulator. Its anyones guess how a new pvp server would do right now. Its a matter of wondering how many pvp players are not willing to play green right now, but would hope on for pink.

I think the original staff concept makes the most sense. Blue is the end game server that remains permanently end game. Once green progresses beyond velious for a time, it rolls into blue and a new time line server opens up. We're talking about 4 + years of real life time between these server launches, you won't need to be part of the next bum rush, but you can be.

GM events can become more regular on blue, to keep it mixed up. Other stuff.

I was thinking maybe red should be dumped to blue too, just to clean things up. Its a tough call.

The fact is that we are all EQ players and all are more alike than we are different. For me and some others, I wouldn't be here unless there was a pvp server and the promise of the pvp server.

Overall this staff has been incredibly excellent and has served this community incredibly well. We are lucky that this project began 10 years ago and has salvaged real everquest for those of us that love it.

Maybe one day someone will find some hard drive in some pile of hard drives that has original server side code for EQ and we can take this thing to the next level. Anything is possible.
Once Velious runs its course on Green it sure as hell better merge into Blue. Having two identical era servers with splintered populations isn't really healthy for p99, in my opinion. Until that time I'll level and play on both servers and enjoy some new experiences. A true evergreen Green server would be awesome.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PVP was like 1/10 the population of original EQ playerbase but is substantially more than ratio of population on this emulator.
Not in any sort of recent history. I've been tracking emu population trends for a while; *now and then* you'll see Red be more than 6-8% of the Blue/Red total, but not very often, and then just for a day or so.

Rise of Zek took a big portion of Red, but it's also pretty small compared to blue, even now where Green is sucking all the oxygen out of the room.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-01-2019, 01:42 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How... how do people have time to post 4x a day for 8 fucking years ????

When the math is done to have 13,500 post in such a time frame.

This is surreal.
Last edited by Vart; 11-01-2019 at 01:52 PM..
Old 11-01-2019, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not in any sort of recent history. I've been tracking emu population trends for a while; *now and then* you'll see Red be more than 6-8% of the Blue/Red total, but not very often, and then just for a day or so.

Rise of Zek took a big portion of Red, but it's also pretty small compared to blue, even now where Green is sucking all the oxygen out of the room.
I am talking about people who prefer pvp servers, not people who prefer red99 or roz both dead boxes.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-01-2019, 02:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacebar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anybody noticed that the majority of those commenting negatively to the Blue server and trying to wish it to fail are from Red?
Yes. You have to read all their comments from their nihilistic viewpoint; their unique goal is failure, so they are very consistent in how they relay information/facts/opinions/predictions.

For example, they are the most vocal about the Green server not splitting up into two or multiple servers, so we can easily deduce that they strongly believe that such a split would spell success and they must stop it at all costs.

It's good times,

Astuce
Old 11-01-2019, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

People coming to p99 and seeing two weak ass 700 pop green servers are not going to know which to choose and can't do the math to see how many total pop and understand the reason for the split and will go back to wow or whatever.

1 server hi pop is exciting. That reason alone is worth keeping 1 green. Troll bait accepted.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:46 AM
Sarnak

I'm afraid deleting blue might lead to a major suicide wave among obese male mid-40s across the US.
Closed Thread