Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 02:59 PM
Banned

I have some inside info that this might be happening.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

If people had to start over again, I would say that it's not worth the split.
If the devs were skeptical that they could merge them back if need be, I would say that it's not worth the split.

But they can just take 50% of the players and put them on another server and, if needed, re-connect them back later on.

Not a big deal. Nothing but positives!

HOWEVER,
As I stated before, the time to do this was on Friday or Saturday. Now you run the risk of breaking up friendships.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

Anyone ever thought that due to the overpopulation of zones is causing people to hang up green prematurely? IMHO if the servers were split like it was asked day one, Green's overall server(s) health would last longer. Again, my own personal opinion.
If anyone has any room to grief, its Rogean. Nuff said.

P1999 Custom Desktop Launcher Icons
Old 10-30-2019, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No it will not. Blizzard thought the same thing when they only released a few servers at launch for classic WoW, then had to implement layering technology which ruined immersion.

They promised to have layering off before the release of the world bosses. They said it would be an easy "switch off" once the population "levels out" after a month or two.

Guess what? The world bosses were released last week and layering is still on because they severely underestimated the amount of people that want to play. It's now over 2 months since release and there is no relief in sight for the population!

I believe you, and anyone that thinks, that this population will "level out" in any short amount of time, are making a grave miscalculation that will come back to haunt everyone else!
A massively popular modern MMO like WoW putting out a Classic server, and the level of population and rate of population decline (or lack thereof), is not at all analogous to Project 1999 Green. It's not even close to being a similar situation. WoW has millions upon millions of people all wanting to play Classic.

P99 has somewhere between 2-2.5k at primetime currently. At least a few hundred of which fall into one of the following buckets: (i) people brand new to EQ and will leave when they decide they don't like the grind and generally old/outdated nature of the game, (ii) people who played EQ back in the day, but not since, who have come back to try it and will leave once the nostalgia wears off because they don't like the grind, (iii) people who have played on Blue in the past who are just hear to enjoy the initial weeks of a fresh launch who will eventually migrate back to Blue, and (iv) people who have played on Blue and will decide they don't like playing on a fresh server and will migrate back to Blue.

Let's say that once those people leave you settle in at 2k on Green at primetime. If you split that into two servers, all that's going to happen is you will create the same problem on Green that you have on Blue where the only places to consistently find a good number of XP groups are essentially CB, Highkeep, Unrest, Guk, Mistmoore and no one goes off the beaten path. That would defeat one of the big reasons many people are excited for Green, which is that higher population will mean more zones, dungeons, and camps are utilized. There's also no real reason for the merge once you get out of the first couple of levels; I have not had issues finding groups to join (in fact, it's easier than it's ever been on Blue because there are multiple XP groups going in pretty much every zone) nor have I had any issue finding spawns to kill if I want to solo (I haven't spent time trying to find a mob to kill since Saturday when I was level 3. Pretty much the only time I'm not killing something is when I'm medding, because it's so easy to find mobs).

If a server split was going to happen, the vote Rogean took the other day was the opportunity. The population will decline little by little over the next few weeks and eventually level out, so there won't be any desire from the staff to split it.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The staff are the ones that actually offered to do this. Thanks for your input though.
staff already said they weren't gonna do this. a poll was conducted and the response from the community was no. no reason to waste the resources on something a handful of people want sweetie.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:16 PM
Sarnak

No to a server split. Never split servers.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
staff already said they weren't gonna do this. a poll was conducted and the response from the community was no. no reason to waste the resources on something a handful of people want sweetie.
Yeah it's kind of funny. If the situation reversed, these people constantly whining about wanting Green to be split would be in here telling the people saying to to split it to stfu because the poll has already been taken.

The poll was conducted. The answer from the majority of the community was no. Maybe there will be another poll taken later. I doubt it, but maybe it will happen. Until then, all these posts are is spam. It was considered, and people voted it down. Inevitably some people were in the minority and din't get what they wanted. Deal with it.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

People voted no to a server split when Rogean polled. Splitting is a bad idea imo. The risk of high population is far better than the risk of low population.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:21 PM
Sarnak

IIRC correctly, Rogean said the vote was actually pretty even.
If anyone has any room to grief, its Rogean. Nuff said.

P1999 Custom Desktop Launcher Icons
Old 10-30-2019, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonedrahon25 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IIRC correctly, Rogean said the vote was actually pretty even.
And clearly a majority voted no. Regardless of what the percentage was on each side, a vote was taken and the majority said no. If the pop is still high in a month or so, maybe they'll take another poll. Who knows.

But in the meantime, the majority of the server voted no and that is what it is. These posts from the minority who voted yes serve no point.
Closed Thread