Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which Server?
Green 34 48.57%
Teal 36 51.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 08:09 PM
Aviak

Default People new to p99, Green or Teal?

So as a complete newcomer to p99 (never played on Blue), I'm kind of curious where, if anywhere, the people who started playing just recently (say last month or so if people showed up for the beta as well) are clustering.

Edit: I should add, I've been playing on Green. Just curious where others ended up.
Last edited by bbsmitz; 11-13-2019 at 08:28 PM..
Old 11-13-2019, 08:09 PM
Banned

play the lower pop one, teal
Old 11-13-2019, 08:13 PM
Aviak

Blue seems perfect for you if you just started. Most people are out of the starting areas now and you will find grouping in your teens to progress from there. And lots of people to group with

Also.

Teal seems perfect for you if you just started. Slightly less people but that really pays off if you go to any place that only has a few camps and you don't have to wait on a list too long to join.

Both work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I would point to teal just to up the population but I doubt that is your intention lol.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

They're pretty equivalent. Populations aren't even all that much different. Flip a coin.

Danth
Old 11-13-2019, 10:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're pretty equivalent. Populations aren't even all that much different. Flip a coin.

Danth
It seems that in Teal, the number of players in popular regions at peak times is actually pretty similar to that of Green, but somewhere like Everfrost (which I'm sort of taking as a proxy) usually only has about 50% the number of players. I was curious as to whether this might be down to a difference in experience levels of the two servers (as opposed to simply people being pushed towards less popular areas to level).
Old 11-13-2019, 10:03 PM
Fire Giant

they aren't even its like 60/40 more on green, but it's not too far off
Old 11-13-2019, 11:35 PM
Sarnak

Steamfont, gfaydark and nektulos still have plenty of people on teal if that can help. Not sure other zones.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:48 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GREEN

Duhh
Teal is beat street
Somehow I didn't have you pegged as someone who just started Baler. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-13-2019, 11:50 PM
Sarnak

All the cool kids are on Teal. All the cry baby snowflakes are on Green. Which would you fit in better with?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 11-14-2019, 12:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsmitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems that in Teal, the number of players in popular regions at peak times is actually pretty similar to that of Green, but somewhere like Everfrost (which I'm sort of taking as a proxy) usually only has about 50% the number of players. I was curious as to whether this might be down to a difference in experience levels of the two servers (as opposed to simply people being pushed towards less popular areas to level).
I have felt similarly to this perspective - a lot of ppl went to teal to do the high density zones and quest work w/ relative ease, so you'll not find unrest camp or manastone wide open on teal, for example

But if you're one of the soloists and experienced in what you can do, no doubt there's way more open on teal. That means there is a good slice for duo'ers and small groups too

My only gripe is EC on teal isn't as good as green. The economy is slower by long shot. It's harder to farm items and sell them on the fly. That's a big part of classic to me and it may impact your decision OP
Closed Thread