Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 03:02 PM
Large Bat

Part of the issue is that if your group knows what it's doing, then casters are managing their agro so as to not draw off the tank, tanks are taunting and doing what they can to hold agro, and as soon as things go bad in the fight the tank is the first to die. As a pet class, the cost of things going poorly is negligible. As a tank, you lost hours worth of xp gain.
Old 11-14-2019, 03:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once you get out of elf land you’ll start to find more of us [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Most tanks tend to be ogres/trolls, we like to stay close to da swamps
This guy swamps. Mostly us Shaman, but still a lot of WAR and SK hooligans about as well.
Old 11-14-2019, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

I thought about rolling a tank.. but i end up tanking in every game.. kinda wanted to be chill you know? Let someone else beef roll it for once. But I may be rolling a tank soon.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My main is currently level 14 and I can count on one hand the amount of times Ive parties with a Tank. And 100% of the time it was a Paly.

This is over in GFay/Crushbone.

Most parties Ive been in I the Rogue was the Tank. Luckily every group had 2 healers. Generally 2 Druids or a Cleric and a Druid.

Had a group the other day say they needed a Mage for a "Tank Pet". This group already consisted of a Wizard and Enchanter (and a Cleric and a Druid).

Where all my tanks at? Did you guys get replaced by Earth Elementals and Rogues?
that's odd because I am in the same zone lvl range as you and most of my groups have 2 paladin's and or 2 warriors...
Old 11-14-2019, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Going by my experience: they're level 10 soloing zombie corner in nek forest.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:49 PM
Large Bat

Newb undergeared tank checking in and having a blast so far! I decided to do this the difficult way and rolled a Paladin on Teal and will be leveling up slowly as playtime allows. Previous mains were a Shaman and an Enchanter and I’ve never done melee before, so figured it was time. That being said, I somehow never leveled up in or around Qeynos before, so that’s where I started and there are a few tanks around there, but still limited. Come befriend the few of us paladins and we will gladly tank for you!

On teal I am Thiccthighs, the mildly clueless but already slightly benevolent paladin!
Old 11-14-2019, 07:56 PM
Fire Giant

33 Paladin on Teal. So far having a blast, I love the group life and meeting people along the way. One key is hoping you make a good impression on others so that they might remember you for next time they need a tank. Nothing is worse than solo tank life, it's literally the pits.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:40 PM
Sarnak

This isn't blue. Rules have changed so less people want to play hybrids so that limits the numbers of paladins and sk's that get rolled. Warriors are pathetic at solo and extremely gear dependent so while more people might roll one eventually they may wait for Kunarks release to do so. And like previously mentioned elfland is not where most warrior races will be since players tend to prefer ogres, trolls or barbarians.

I love dwarf warriors just don't see too many of them around. If I didn't love the Druid class so much I might have rolled one just to be a commodity in great demand for groups. But EQ life without bind, invis and gate is not for everyone.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 11-14-2019, 08:47 PM
Fire Giant

As a mid-20s Monk it's starting to get better. From levels 1-15ish I was a Monk Tank in about 70% of my groups. Which was actually a bit of a blessing as it allowed me to keep my defensive skills high. Starting in Guk early 20s I'm now forced to Tank maybe 20% of the time.

It's quite remarkable how much more effective Warriors and Knights are at tanking than anyone else when everyone is BIS twinked like on Blue. Even as a Monk w max defensive skills I take markedly more damage than the true Tanks.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:48 PM
Fire Giant

Think most people dont want the pen exp and wars are not that fun to play as they cant hold agro well without gear.
Closed Thread