Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 08:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bihlbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Part of the issue is that if your group knows what it's doing, then casters are managing their agro so as to not draw off the tank, tanks are taunting and doing what they can to hold agro, and as soon as things go bad in the fight the tank is the first to die. As a pet class, the cost of things going poorly is negligible. As a tank, you lost hours worth of xp gain.
This is where I'm at in this discussion. Ive mained a sk on live and blue, and started one on Teal but I got soooo sick of being the only one to die and wasting my time. On a positive note though I am loving my baby rogue so maybe it was just time for me to switch it up.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:38 AM
Fire Giant

Are you guys not finding tanks all on Teal? I'm an SK and most of my groups I'm not even the only tank. I've been in Guk/Befallen though pretty exclusively. I've only been turned down by a group once by pet classes and that was way back at level 8 for orc camps. I'm 22 now and group regularly.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

What lvl r u now? I got a teens lvl warrior if same game times
Old 11-15-2019, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmarino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
33 Paladin on Teal. So far having a blast, I love the group life and meeting people along the way. One key is hoping you make a good impression on others so that they might remember you for next time they need a tank. Nothing is worse than solo tank life, it's literally the pits.
The legendary berserked is now a paladin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i still remember when you first rolled berserked
Old 11-15-2019, 12:23 PM
Kobold

Tanks on the low end are the first to die and the ones to take the blame if things go south due to aggro.

"You didn't hold aggro." - after a spellcaster blows their mana on a mob

"You got hurt too much." - after a cleric ran out of mana, tank still not able to afford more than leather armor

"You need to pull." - after getting stun locked down a hallway alone

"You need to do more damage." - knowing that it's like spells, expensive

The tank life is a hard road, but rewarding in the end when your group knows how to play with a tank instead of disposable pets.
Closed Thread