Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 12:18 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda
Default Why 2-boxing results in a permaban

This was originally posted by Rutaq. I think this post is AMAZING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutaq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cheaters aren't all evil but I don't want to play with them. Maybe the Cheaters should get together and build their own EQ server then they can all break the rules together [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think the reason players take cheating seriously is because the game is competitive and requires a HUGE amount of time investment and endurance. 2 Boxing directly impacts others because it allows people to level without the similar time investment, the EQ level grind is a big part of the game and most people can't handle the work it takes so they never get to high level.

There is no polite way to Cheat, 2 Boxing doesn't happen by mistake. You decided that the rules don't apply to you and hoped that you could fly under the radar.

2 Boxing impacts everyone:
  • It screws with the economy since it quickly creates more high level farmers.
  • It screws with PvP since it creates more high level characters to quickly fill guild ranks.
  • It screws with the game, since it allows solo players to more quickly level without the need for other players.

And finally it encourages more cheating since with a single GM it is unlikely that she could catch everyone and a slap on the wrist punishment is worth it for the possible HUGE gain in levels.

I can't be the only other player that has seen a PvP game go down the drain due to casual cheating, duping,etc. With the lame justifications that "its not really cheating everybody does it" , "Dude you have to cheat to keep up with all the cheaters" , " who cares it's not like I am hurting anybody else" ...

Be happy with the XP gains on RED and let the Cheaters be Banned.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Banned

He's had a few gems like this one lately.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...0&postcount=16

Quote:
Nothing personal, but this is a EQ Classic server and wasn't designed as a fast levelling EQ PvP environmnet. Changing the XP rate is a HUGE change that brings along it's own set of problems.

Classic EQ was never a casual player friendly place unless you accepted the fact that your character progression was going take months or even years. If you don't want to make that kind of investment then play a game designed for your play style.

I came here to play Classic EQ:
I like the slow levelling,
I like that I actually spend time living in a zone,
I like that I get to play / pvp during the low and mid levels .

I didn't come here to play it like WoW:
Race through the low level content
Constantly throw away gear every few levels
Solo my way to max level before people bother grouping
Unfortunately, you guys already got trolled into making the server easier for these kids :\ You guys didn't listen to the advice of the guy in my signature, at all.
Last edited by Harrison; 02-21-2012 at 01:19 PM..
Old 02-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

the banned maestro is the best post ever.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

if you wanna box there are other emus that allow it, why choose one of the few that doesnt?
Old 02-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was originally posted by Rutaq. I think this post is AMAZING.

We love you Amelinda

Go on with your bad self girl, get up and dance to it.
Last edited by Nirgon; 02-21-2012 at 05:45 PM..
Old 02-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Truth.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Marc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ITT: derps who think 2boxing is cheating, basement dwellers that want to wastes years of their lives sitting at one camp pressing the same button combination for 23hours to get some pixels.

Some people want to... you know... kill other people... on a PVP server....

INB4: "it's about the journey/road to 50" bullshit... been there, done that.
Apparently you miss understood what Classic EQ is, maybe you didn't have the luck to play back in the days on the Zeks.

Let me clue you in about Project 1999 RED ...
  • You can PvP other players if you catch them within your level range
  • you can win and gain coin or die and lose coin and XP
  • you can camp for hours to get leet gear or run around at a disadvantage with a Cracked Staff and a Cloth Tunic.
  • You can get out leveled by players and be left hunting lowbies and twinks or you can invest time and effort to play

Project 1999 RED, Classic EQ ....
  • is not about fast leveling
  • is not about instant fast travel
  • is not about unending insta spawn PvP

If that is the type of game you want then you are just going to torture yourself playing here. There are dozens of F2P PvP MMOs with fast levelling, Battlegrounds, Painless PvP but there is only ONE Classic EQ PvP server.

So you go play a game that matches your play style and let us do the same.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeasy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, Amelinda in her infinite wisdom stickied a post from a level 18. At first I thought he hadn't updated his sig, until I saw him in game today, and he is level 18.

I can TOTALLY see your POV sir. Everybody should move at the snail pace you do.
lol, Sorry just started playing a couple weeks ago. But leveling speed has little to do with grasping simple logic problems and to understand what cheating is.

Don't worry, when you grow up it will all make sense, just hanging in there little Hipster.
Last edited by Rutaq; 02-25-2012 at 05:22 PM..
Old 02-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutaq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, Sorry just started playing a couple weeks ago. But leveling speed has little to do with grasping simple logic problems and understand what cheating is.

Don't worry, when you grow up it will all make sense, just hanging in there little Hipster.
Closed Thread