Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-08-2019, 12:43 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by feydain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So not sure if anyone has found the answer to this but I'm assuming that when you use the default profile for wineq2 it's launching the default everquest.exe file instead of the batch file for project1999. Is there a fix for this? I would think there would be since wineq2 is mentioned in the project installation wiki.
I get this problem as well "Please run EverQuest.exe". What is the work-around for this?
Old 02-19-2019, 02:57 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Reppy Send a message via AIM to Reppy Send a message via Yahoo to Reppy
Default Help!

So I launch with this eqwin ad it goes into the game during loading the game will crash to my desktop everytime
Old 05-04-2019, 09:37 PM
Large Rat

I was told put it on compatability mode and set screen loading to 0 but neither 1 worked for me... I cant zone or log off a character without wineq2 crashing my game

ps I run game in fullscreen (emulated) it looks good minus the lag when I move my mouse on my 2nd screen it will lag until I click on main screen again
Old 10-28-2019, 11:21 AM
Aviak

I'm just being told "could not verify Lavish Software account information (-13)"
Any pro tips?
Old 11-27-2019, 09:26 PM
Aviak

I don't like WinEQ2 because it cuts off the top of the screen, by a lot really and i surprised there is not more people talking about a fix to that.
Old 06-08-2020, 03:39 AM
Planar Protector

I stopped using this. I get a lot of "reset device failure" crashes when it's running that I don't get otherwise. I don't even see a noticable performance change when I have used it in the past. Maybe it helps people with certain PC builds, but does nothing for me.
Old 06-09-2020, 07:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

WINEQ2 apparently takes a dump when it can't connect to lavishsoft server. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Slightly annoying, since the game's frame rate is unbearable without it when another window is active.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:10 PM
Fire Giant

I'm having issues with WinEQ2 just today. Haven't had a problem with it in over 2 years.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm having issues with WinEQ2 just today. Haven't had a problem with it in over 2 years.
Same, hopefully it was just a temporary thing.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:16 PM
Sarnak

Performed a fresh re-install, continually getting the following error trying to log in:

Connected to Lavish Software successfully, but got disconnected. This is typically due to network congestion on your local network, or your ISP.

No ISP issues and I'm currently hardwired into my router. Not sure what could be going on as it was just working a few hours ago.