Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-17-2019, 09:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Load EQ onto RAM and enjoy those sweet sweet FTEs. (semi-troll, semi-serious)
Imposter. The Unbrella that I know would never qualify the level of his trolling.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:11 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Load EQ onto RAM and enjoy those sweet sweet FTEs. (semi-troll, semi-serious)

FTEs?

Ramdisks, what year is this 1985? :-P But I mean if you have an ssd or an M.2?

I have(had) the same issues(all) these guys say they have on my rural dsl (centuryLink). I've run my own direct line from the junction box on my house to the router(my telephone lines are bundled with electrical conduit in the garage and probably everywhere else in the house) and I've had centuryLink out many times to address the DSL retrains and unavail seconds and rando rebooots of their modem. My loop length is like 13k feet. They are the worst. But since I've gotten on them, my problems have been very minimal. As long as I'm not saturating my 3-5mbps with streaming while playing I can zone fast and all my chars show up when I login and so do all the servers show. Sometimes those issues will occur... But only a couple times a week or month.

I'll have to try it with my VPN going and see if it clears it up a little, but I do know that seems to almost doubles the size of the data xfering.

Cheers...