Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-22-2014, 12:26 PM
Kobold

There is a "paid" version and a free version, dunno why you are getting stuck with the subscription based one. Maybe he now requires you make any account even to use the free side of it?

If you want to get rid of the border at the top of the window use https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming
Old 02-23-2015, 06:25 AM
Planar Protector

I'd like to take a moment to mention what an amazing piece of software this is. I was having a lot of issues playing lately. My graphics were fine in a lot of situations, but certain situations really gave me some intermittent graphics lag. If the zone was complex or there was a lot of people there, it was like EQ would stall for 0.05 seconds every half second - it was annoying as fuck. It caused me to like overturn and jump around and move erratically.

WINEQ2 FIXED THIS FOR ME

Today I had a 1v1 with another warrior in KC while 70+ people were sitting there - COMPLETELY SMOOTH

I had tried WinEQ2 a couple years ago and didn't like it because of the CPU Affinity option that affects how levitate functions (couldn't lev trick, couldn't swim out of water with lev and run above it). I simply disabled the CPU Affinity option (which was never an issue for me) and it works great.

I cannot tell you how THRILLED I am to be able to play EQ smoothly once more and actually fight people. I'm looking forward to some bard kites too!

If you're on a borderline PC like me and experiencing any of the issues I've described, give WinEQ2 a try!
Old 03-04-2015, 02:27 PM
Aviak

I am getting an application error ...

"the instruction at 0x0341f0ce referenced memory at 0xfffffffc. the memory could not be read"

any help..program terminates
Old 03-16-2015, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to take a moment to mention what an amazing piece of software this is. I was having a lot of issues playing lately. My graphics were fine in a lot of situations, but certain situations really gave me some intermittent graphics lag. If the zone was complex or there was a lot of people there, it was like EQ would stall for 0.05 seconds every half second - it was annoying as fuck. It caused me to like overturn and jump around and move erratically.

WINEQ2 FIXED THIS FOR ME

Today I had a 1v1 with another warrior in KC while 70+ people were sitting there - COMPLETELY SMOOTH

I had tried WinEQ2 a couple years ago and didn't like it because of the CPU Affinity option that affects how levitate functions (couldn't lev trick, couldn't swim out of water with lev and run above it). I simply disabled the CPU Affinity option (which was never an issue for me) and it works great.

I cannot tell you how THRILLED I am to be able to play EQ smoothly once more and actually fight people. I'm looking forward to some bard kites too!

If you're on a borderline PC like me and experiencing any of the issues I've described, give WinEQ2 a try!
I have exactly this issues and it is TERRIBLE for me. I am going to try this wineq2 when I get home. Thank you for your post.

There is nothing wrong with my system either, stats below:

AMD 8350
16GB 1600
NVidea 660 2GB
2x SDDs
Old 03-17-2015, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Follow up...

I downloaded, installed and ran it.

Verdict:

It fixed my issues, HOWEVER! Right before I logged I still had 2 chops. But for the most part of playing for 2 hours it didn't chop at all.

Thanks again!
Old 03-18-2015, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Ugh....follow up today.

Last night I had major chop issues. STILL not as bad as before but it did NOT fix my issue.

I do have an AMD 8350FX processor. It is clocked at 4GHz (no over clocking). Maybe this is the issue.

On my laptop I have NO chops at all. That is running an Intel I7 4510.

Oh well...more troubleshooting for me.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

I find WinEQ2 to be a BIG memory hog. I used it on Sleeper server and no way I could consistently 4 box with it. I had both the free and Pro version.

I blew it away and just staggered the boxs in non Windowed mode and works fine. It is a Thumbs down for me product wise. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-25-2015, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

Yes I still have chop issues with certain outdoor zones. I find zones with a lot of trees cause me chop still - zones like EJ, TT, DL, BW.

I would really love to find a better solution for this, but likely I just need something better than an ATI graphics card that cost me $170 five years ago.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:37 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Can someone post a screenshot of how they configured it? I don't see a way to point it to a shortcut that contains the patchme argument.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyciaPintella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone post a screenshot of how they configured it? I don't see a way to point it to a shortcut that contains the patchme argument.