Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-22-2019, 12:39 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default crashed 3/21 cannot log in

Was doing some hunting in crushbone... zoned out and crashed to login screen. Now every time i log into that server (rise of zek) the load bar fills and then sends me back to the login screen. Can load into other servers just fine.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggler52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was doing some hunting in crushbone... zoned out and crashed to login screen. Now every time i log into that server (rise of zek) the load bar fills and then sends me back to the login screen. Can load into other servers just fine.
It was my understanding that you shouldn't use the same EQ Client for P99 and other servers (eg. Rise of Zek), because P99 modifies the client's files in a way that breaks other servers.

Unless there's something special about Rise of Zek (like that it uses the P99 zone files), I think that might be your problem right there. You need one EQ install for P99, and a separate one for Zek or any other EQEmu server.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:52 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I will have to look into that.. I've been bouncing back and forth from zek to blue all week with no issues until last night.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:10 PM
Large Rat

Crashing at nearly every zone. upon trying to relog crashing after hitting "enter world" from server select on p99 blue. Have had hardly any issues with this prior to yesterday/today. If I can't load in I will likely wipe everything and do a fresh install and report back.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:22 PM
Large Rat

Logged in successfully in 800x600 resolution. Did not reinstall. First zone from West Freeport to North Freeport loaded successfully.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:56 PM
Large Rat

Playing on blue p99. Started crashing upon loading several times today w/ no previous issues. Game would freeze after hitting "enter world". Read up a few threads, changes resolution to 800x600 and eventually loaded/zoned fine @ 800x600 resolution several times. Weather changed to rain as I was just about to zone to West Freeport. "not responding" on zone after the rain hit. Now having the same issue where the game freezes upon hitting enter world. Have tried windowed and full screen modes when I am able to get logged in. Most recent attempt to switch to full screen crashed the game. I'm wondering if there is some correlation between the rain effect and the crashed because I was playing/zoning fine for about 30 minutes until the rain hit before I zoned and it crashed again.
Last edited by OGEQ99; 03-22-2019 at 04:00 PM..
Old 03-22-2019, 07:10 PM
Large Rat

I have also had severe issues with crashes. I crash almost every time I camp a character, about 50% or more of the time when I zone, as well when porting in parties I can no longer see 1 person that is still in the party. This has all started since the patch and is nearly making it unbearable to even play the game.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-23-2019, 01:07 PM
Large Rat

Solved the zoning issue. DO NOT CLICK WHILE ZONING OR YOU WILL FREEZE.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGEQ99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solved the zoning issue. DO NOT CLICK WHILE ZONING OR YOU WILL FREEZE.
This has been my experience here since 2012. Seems unrelated to patch for me.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:27 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Issue for one week now

I have one main account and 2 sub accounts.

My main account about 75% of the time I get outdated spell files when I try to log in.
My sub accounts this never happens.

All accounts I freeze/crash about 1/2 the time that I zone. I have never had this issue ever playing this game in the past. This is a new issue.

I also didn't change any settings before having this issue. It came out of no where and I've tried everything to fix it.
  1. Buy new video card.
  2. Reinstall P99 from scratch
  3. Use default UI with no changes to client files
  4. Use custom UIs

All give the same results. I don't think this issue has anything to do with files or my video card settings.

I feel this is either a simple setting issue or a network connection issue.

Please fix this asap. I don't want to play a crappy game while I wait for a fix. I love this game.