Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Default Dawnfire or Jade/PWC for cleric twink?

Hey all,

A big bogged down in the high 50's with the ranger; the solo camps I do are VERY slow since the schedule sucks for grouping. Realized I can swap over most of good stuff for a really nice twink cleric start (fungi, cloak of crystalline waters, etc). Question is:

When does melee get awful with a cleric?

1.) get a Brazier of Elemental Summoning and jade mace and then a PWC 20+. Both easy to sell and cheap to start
2.) Get a velium crystal staff (9/21 +149dd proc at level 1). Much more expensive and I expect harder to sell
3.) Do 1 or 2 then get a Dawnfire 40+
4.) Don't get a dawnfire...just nuke/dot and med.

Might even go gnome for the haste clockwork gear.

Thanks in advance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-23-2019, 04:33 AM
Sarnak

I soloed a cleric to 54, I used PWC until the 40s, at 45 I wasn't meleeing anymore way too many miss and tanking unslow mobs start to really hurt at that point.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Sarnak Devastator
Old 06-26-2019, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

If you have a fungi and a haste item you can easily melee your cleric to 30 without any problem, and to 40 if you stick to more specific easier places. But you will probably start to have downtime at 30 though.

The Brazier will take you to 10 or 12 pretty fast. Jade mace until 20, then switch to PWC. The Sarnak Devestator or any other 1hander is a waste of money compared to the PWC. You have root and lull so you shouldn't have any problems getting singles.

All that being said, a cleric won't be able to solo for exp better than a ranger. So just be aware once you get to 40's if you don't plan to start grouping then playing a cleric is a waste of time in the long run. (But fun to level as an op twink for a bit.)
Old 06-26-2019, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks for all the feedback [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. It’s truly appreciated.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

If you aren't dead set on another race I'd recommend a Dwarf or a Brell Serilis Halfling so you can wear the Dwarven Plate cultural. It's got a ton of AC/STR/STA which is quite helpful when meleeing. With that, PWC, Fungi and CoCW you can easily melee solo until you get your level 44 undead nuke, at which point you'll probably want to use that instead. Although with strong melee gear like that it might be worth trying a Dawnfire at 46+. If you threw in some DEX gear as well that might be workable up through the low 50s especially in LGuk.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Full crusty battle cleric! F Wis or mana!
Closed Thread